all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ROP and timed set

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anders

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi.

I am currently doing ROP and I was wondering about how to pick the interval for the timed sets. Do you throw dices one time at the beginning of the week, and get let's say 7, and keep all the timed sets that week at 7 minutes, or do you throw the dices three times for the different sessions, so that one sessions has you doing timed sets for 2, the next 7, the next 9 ?

All replies are welcome.

Anders

Just rest until you feel fresh enough to do the reps with good form and speed, they shouldnt be grinders. If the weight feels heavy heavy, rest more. If it feels light, rest less. Dont make it harder than it need do be.

Hi.

I am currently doing ROP and I was wondering about how to pick the interval for the timed sets. Do you throw dices one time at the beginning of the week, and get let's say 7, and keep all the timed sets that week at 7 minutes, or do you throw the dices three times for the different sessions, so that one sessions has you doing timed sets for 2, the next 7, the next 9 ?

All replies are welcome.

Anders

You rest as needed..

If you are aiming to use the ROP for more hypertrophy than strength, rest between rungs and sets can be kept to 3 minutes at most

OP is asking about the ROP Swings and Snatches

which to me indicates roll the dice one each session, not once for the week

OP is asking about the ROP Swings and Snatches

which to me indicates roll the dice one each session, not once for the week
I stand corrected then thank you..

To answer the question: you can use the roll to determine the number of sets you will do.. Don't worry too much about the time for now, keep reps between 5-10 focus on power..

Once you can confidently do a 10x10 and not lose power on any set, you can then consider exploring doing timed sets

Hi.

All replies are welcome.

Anders

I also have an interest in the Swing / Snatch Portion of ROP and particular in the Timed Set Determined by Dice

As you can see from the replies and other posts in the forum 1- Most take " ROP" to mean the pressing portion only and 2- Swings and Snatches typically not done with the timed sets / dice as the book describes if done at all

If one was doing the timed sets I would think do the once a week "Max effort" set as just that. For example if you roll 3 you may be able to do 117 Swings (39/min) if you roll 11 may be able to do 242 (22 / Min). So this would not be Anti-Glycolytic but its just once a week. Once some numbers were establishes at various ranges of the 2-12 mins it would be easy to estimate 75% for the medium day (which would be AGT?).

Most most on here seam to indicate they try and do a predetermined pace ie 20 / min, and keep that pace for however long they roll (if using the dice at all).

To your question I read the book to say roll once each day not once each week, but it would make some sense to use the same number for the medium and heavy day each week

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom