all posts post new thread

Old Forum [ROP] Dice Roll

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CeWo

First Post
Hey!

I'm doing the ROP right now and so far it's been great. There's still one thing which kind of bothers me, the dice roll.

I went for a "per minute" approach (medium day = 30sec work/30sec rest and heavy day 45sec/15sec)

I think a lot of people here know how bad it feels to roll a 12 on your heavy days...but e.g. rolling a 2 on medium days feels like doing nothing at all.

Has anyone come up with a good alternative to the dice roll? Something more consistent? Something like doing 8min every workout but use a 30sec/30sec split on medium and 45sec/15sec split on heavy days.

Any kind of ideas are welcome.

Thanks in Advance

Ce

Roll the dice. Learn to love it. We never know what is going to happen next in real life, and the dice roll is a great metaphor.

Grow mentally tougher and embrace it.

For what seemed like the longest time ever I rolled nothing but double 4, 5s, and 6s, so i was doing 8,10,12 minutes.

One day I rolled a 3 and it was incredible to see how much progress I had made.

With every program I have chosen to follow, I have gained results. sometimes it was boring as hell and the hardest part was to do it, just get in the garage and press and swing and get up. The simplicity of the program was the thing that challenged me most. There was nothing to do but follow the program, nothing to think about, and that was tough.

Roll the dice and do the program. If you don't, then you are not really doing the program.

Something a friend told me a long time ago creeps into my mind almost every day, "The only thing keeping you from success is your own better idea of how to do it." A tough pill to swallow, but true.

Good luck. Stay on the program of choice, and do it as prescribed.

CeWo, the most effective training is highly variable: some days feel like nothing, others are awful.  It is intentional, do not change.

Ok then i'll stay with the dices :)

Must be my "the more the better" mentality that i triy to get rid off...

Rolling a 12 isn't as bad as it seems, and a 2 isn't as easy.  Since you are supposed to do as many swings as you can during your allotted time, you would naturally swing at a different pace depending on your duration.  You would swing at an easier pace with a 12, and with a faster pace with a 2.  You wouldn't run at the same pace if you were running a mile as you would if you were running 40 yards.

Jeffrey, no, all swings need to be maximally powerful.  The pacing comes from longer rest, not less power.

Pavel, that is what I meant.  I guess I didn't state it very well.  Thanks for making it more clear.  I wouldn't want to misdirect anyone.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom