all posts post new thread

Old Forum ROP progress

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

justin84

Level 2 Valued Member
Did some easy test this week to check out my progress on the ROP since I have been feeling like I have hit a bit of a wall. I am 160-165 lbs (male) and did a comfortable solid rep L/R with the 32kg and did not feel strained at all. I also did a TSC snatch test 90 reps in about 4m 50s. I went at a pace I could keep and not let my form suffer. I felt my biggest limiting factor was my grip and not my conditioning. Just wanted to pass along my progress since I do not know who many people still follow this program to let people know that the older stuff does work.

Thanks,
Justin

Justin, switching hands more often in swings and snatches should help your grip in two ways. First is the obvious—pacing. Second, reducing the burn/pump will stimulate the muscles to become more aerobic and thus more resistant to fatigue when you push them during a test.

I will definitely try that Pavel. I was changing every 10 reps in the swings on heavy and med days. For the test i did 15/15, 10/10, 5/5 x4. I am starting the press program (#520) I was assigned to by Craig Marker next week so I will do half my test numbers on Wednesdays. Is there a safe way to work on grip endurance while doing this program?

Thanks
Justin

Ok thanks Pavel. One more question, how after the 7th week, can this program be repeated several times?

Pavel, one more question if you don't mind. You said I could train my grip on Wednesdays while doing 520. What would be the best way?

thanks again
justin

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom