all posts post new thread

Kettlebell RoP Question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Matt McCracken

Level 5 Valued Member
I took my RoP test with the 32kg and was able to clean and press it 5 times per arm. Pavel advises to use the 'heavy' (32kg) kettlebell for ladders now, but I haven't completed the full (1,2,3,4,5) x5 with the 24kg. I'm currently at (1,2,3,4,5) x 2 and (1,2,3,4) x 3. What is the best practice?

If the 32kg is your 5 rep max then congrats! What I would do is finish the ladders with the 24 as it should only be 3 more weeks. That way, hopefully you can crank out a few more presses with the 32 at the end. After that, I would restart to 3 ladders to 3 with the 32. Things should get interesting from there. Keep strong!

I think JamesPTA gave very sound advice. Your 5 rep max may evolve into a 7 or 8 rep max. Pavel actually (if my memory is correct) says use a 5 to 8 rep max for the ROP so another three weeks or so of 24 kg heavy days will probably only make the transition to the 32 easier.

Nice work by the way.

I took my RoP test with the 32kg and was able to clean and press it 5 times per arm. Pavel advises to use the 'heavy' (32kg) kettlebell for ladders now, but I haven't completed the full (1,2,3,4,5) x5 with the 24kg. I'm currently at (1,2,3,4,5) x 2 and (1,2,3,4) x 3. What is the best practice?

I don't have any advice to offer. I'd just like to say congrats on Military Pressing the 32 for 5 reps - I couldn't do that with the 24!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom