all posts post new thread

Old Forum ROP question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

justin84

Level 2 Valued Member
How long have experienced SFG's seen people go (amount of progress) and how long have people stayed on the ROP?

Justin, the ROP can take you to your 1/2 bodyweight press. It doesn't do this for everyone, I know, but it did for me.

Please give us a little more information about your background, your pressing history, your bodyweight and current press max, and your goals.

-S-

Steve,

I am currently doing the ROP. I completed 12345 x5 ladders with the 24kg and am doing the 235 ladders now. For swings I am using the 32kg. I just have seem to hit a wall at 9 sets of ladders and 9 sets of 10R/10L swings on my heavy days but it I do seem to be getting stronger at them with each work out. I would like to keep following the program even though I am interested in the TSC. I was really just wondering if it is worth following past the minimum goals set out in ETK.

Also do you have any good advise for some one to start transitioning into training for the TSC?

Thanks for your help,
Justin

A 1/2 body weight press is nothing to sneeze at, and my memory is that a 1/2 be press is the stated goal of thenROP. I would work the ROP until it stops working for you.

You say you are getting stronger on your current programming, so stick with it.

I would put this into google

TSC site:StrongFirst.com

And you'll find plenty to read here.

-SA

Thanks Steve, any advise on the best things to do on variety days to help with progress?

Justin, variety days should be just that. Pick movements you enjoy or movements you feel you need. I like windmills, bent presses, Cossack stretches, goblet squats with little or no weight, all things to keep your hinges well oiled and you moving well.

-S-

"I do seem to be getting stronger at them with each work out".

Justin, it means it keeps working. Hold the course.

Building on Justin's original question...has anybody continued the ROP after hitting a 1/2 bodyweight press?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom