all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ROP support group

I'm looking at page 142 in the SE manual. The section is titled "Session: Load's Compatibility". The material is actually related to optimal organization of hypertrophy and endurance training loads.
I don’t want to exploit any SE secrets, but would there be more strength/hypertrophy benefits of swings/snatches after, and then more endurance of doing them before? I’m just not privy to any of that specific literature. anything you do or don’t want to expand upon, whether it be personal experiences or literature is appreciated and respected

Last edited:
I don’t want to exploit any SE secrets, but would there be more strength/hypertrophy benefits of swings/snatches after, and then more endurance of doing them before? I’m just not privy to any of that specific literature. anything you do or don’t want to expand upon, whether it be personal experiences or literature is appreciated and respected
This really makes me want to attend an SE.
I highly, highly recommended SE seminar. My mind was pretty much blown. My option is that SE has yet to be fully appreciated. Worth every penny.

ROP test day: warm up with goblet squats, single tgu, and halos, some hangs/pull ups, few low rep warm up rounds of CnP.
Test results, max reps of kettlebell CnP @54.5lbs
R: 20, last two were grinders with a little lean
L: 20, last three to four were grinders with increasing leans. Makes me think i could have gotten a couple more grinders on the right.
Good results! Unfortunately i did not do a strict max rep teat upon starting the program because i was still in a boot (broken foot) and doing half kneeling presses. I would say around 12ish range though if i were guessing. Going to so a test with the 32k soon.

I just want to say how much I love ROP. The strength gains are frankly just really incredible.

I’ve been working on the 40 for a little over a month and today I finished my 3x3 ladders but it wasn’t even “hard”. I typically have to grind out the last rep or even two on the 3 press ladder. Today I breezed through it. Now that I have a base built I’m going to start progressing the ladders as per the program.

Today was also the first day the 40 didn’t feel “heavy” when cleaning either.

To think…back in November as I was working on owning the 32kg I’d experiment to see if I could press the 40. I could do it barely with my right and not at all with my left. …also remember how heavy the clean felt with the 40 back then….

I never every thought 40kg would feel this “easy”. Today was a milestone for me!

…. Just freaking amazing!!!

I just want to say how much I love ROP. The strength gains are frankly just really incredible.

I’ve been working on the 40 for a little over a month and today I finished my 3x3 ladders but it wasn’t even “hard”. I typically have to grind out the last rep or even two on the 3 press ladder. Today I breezed through it. Now that I have a base built I’m going to start progressing the ladders as per the program.

To think…back in November as I was working on owning the 32kg I’d experiment to see if I could press the 40. I could do it barely with my right and not at all with my left. …also remember how heavy the clean felt with the 40 back then….

I never every thought 40kg would feel this “easy”. Today was a milestone for me!

Thats awesome! When I strarted pressing the 40 I lost perception of my strength. I ripped a sock trying to pull it up and snapped a pizza cutter in half cutting a pizza at home. haha

Would it be wise to alter the program to incorporate a+a swings or snatches rather than doing the finisher snatches as written?

Would it be wise to alter the program to incorporate a+a swings or snatches rather than doing the finisher snatches as written?
You would lose some of the conditioning effect I think. Why do you want to do so? What’s the training stimulus you’re after instead of as it is now?

I did the 40 years back for the ROP and it's something I'd like to repeat in the future. The volume was tough.

Wanted to add on to my results from ROP. Spent the week doing swings and get ups with the 75#, a la KBSF program after last weeks max rep test with the 55#. Then i tested my max rep strict press with the 75#; with 8/8 as the results yesterday.
Was happy with this and felt confident enough to try the 40k. This was a failure, but i felt more than i ever had before. Today (the next day) i tried again and was successful on the right, but failed on the left. I’m still extremely happy with this and thought i had more time till i could do this! I still have some work to do on the left, but thought that this was another amazing testament to ROP! I had barely touched the 75#, and certainly not the 40k at all during my 14 week ROP cycle.

You all talking about that makes me want to try with the 32 next winter. Heavy days might become an all day affair.
Yes but if you have the time why not. You will build some incredible strength. I did Rop and tested my gym max a year later and deadlifted easily 75 pounds more than previous. And jiu jitsu practice made me have to dial way back on my efforts. Which made me very excited because four years ago my shoulders were so beat up, I couldnt even compete anymore.

Back
Top Bottom