all posts post new thread

Kettlebell RoP Variety Days

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Don'tStress

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello,

I wondered if there is a Strongfirst way of approaching ETK variety days? Should we skip them? Do squats, loaded carries and TGUs? If the general opinion is to do exercises on the variety day, how do we know if we've gone too far? Or did an excessive amount of work? What would be the benefit to omitting the variety day all together?

Thanks to all.

I think of variety days in a few ways. One is as a time for mobility and flexibility work I don't always have time to do on other days - it's health maintenance body work, and since you're not using weights or trying to do difficult bodyweight things, it's pretty hard to overdo it, although you can stretch pretty vigorously if you know how and I think that's fine for variety days.

Another way is for moderate weight and low reps for lifts that you like to keep up with, e.g., your bent press. You could even go kind of heavy once in a while and not detract from your pressing program. Windmills would be another.

-S-

Thank you for the response Mr.Freides. So could one use Pavel's recommendation for the second variety day on the first as well? Maybe I'm over thinking this?

Last edited:
Thank you for the response Mr.Freides. So could one use Pavel's recommendation for the second variety day on the first as well? Maybe I'm over thinking this?
What you do on Variety Day should first be guided by the general recommendation to keep your effort moderate and restorative - everything else follows from that.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom