all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ROP with Q&D.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jtsang

Level 7 Valued Member
Hello friends,

I am currently using the ROP program and using Q&D 033 on the days between ROP training.

Does this sound reasonable? Any changes or alternatives you guys would recommend?

I am tempted to switch to the 015 protocol as it is more streamlined and I get variability from the swings/snatches in the ROP program already.

In terms of goals, I am aiming to reach a 32kg C&P and USSS snatch test.

Thanks in advance for your help!

That is a lot of compounded and duplicated volume. I would prioritize one program and tread lightly with another, complementary, one.

A more common approach is to finish one (ROP or 033, or even some other press protocol) then start another, alternating as you approach your press goal... safely. An abused and damaged shoulder can derail you for a long time.

Hello friends,

I am currently using the ROP program and using Q&D 033 on the days between ROP training.

Does this sound reasonable? Any changes or alternatives you guys would recommend?

I am tempted to switch to the 015 protocol as it is more streamlined and I get variability from the swings/snatches in the ROP program already.

In terms of goals, I am aiming to reach a 32kg C&P and USSS snatch test.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Where are you currently at?

Sorry, i am confused.

you do three days of cleans and pressing + snatches/swings and three days of swings and pushups?
Seems like too much to me.
or:

You do three days of ROP Press Ladders and three days of Q&D?
I played with that idea too

Sorry, i am confused.

you do three days of cleans and pressing + snatches/swings and three days of swings and pushups?
Seems like too much to me.
or:

You do three days of ROP Press Ladders and three days of Q&D?
I played with that idea too
Thanks for looking!

My ROP training days consist of C&P ladders followed by swings or snatches.

I am doing Q&D between ROP days.

I have done this combination, but without the conditioning part of ROP.

I did 3 days of clean and presses, heavy, ligh, medium, with no swings nor snatches.
And 2 to 3 days of 044 snatches (for instance).
Awesome!

How was your experience?

@jtsang
I liked it.

Of course, the condition is to have some experience with the snatch, because there is already a lot of overhead work with ROP. At this time, I did 044 because it was short and I liked the energy boost after a session.

I have also done ROP before with no snatches/swings on presses days, and S&S style swings on variety days, and it worked well too.

@jef
Thank you very much for the feedback and sharing your experiences!

The shorter session duration of 044 is definitely appealing. I will consult with my local SFG on whether or not my snatch technique is safe to perform 044 with.

I generally do my training when my baby naps, so shorter duration would definitely be great.

Ok so I did a quick scan on your situation, where you're at in your training..

If I may, a little tough love is in order

1. Since you train when the baby naps, it means your recovery is still not optional so you have to proceed with caution on a daily basis

2. I would recommend targeting these benchmarks in order on the way to the USSS
timed simple - snatch test - USSS

3. Wise idea to get your form dialed in first

Hope that helps and let us know if you have any further questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom