all posts post new thread

Old Forum ROTK Block: a question or two

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

rambodoc@gmail.com

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi, all you ROTK studs.

I am doing the Grind block with 28's, and following the advice to first do the ladders easy, then compress the time, on and on, till it's time for another rung. But the problem is that 2 weeks is too little time for me to change over to the Ballistics block, in the sense that I wouldn't have much progress in the grinds if I shift in 2 weeks. Is it okay to do the Grind block for 4 weeks, and then shift to the LCCJ, etc?

Another question: is the VPP a valid or relevant move anymore?

Thanks, Ram.

Ram, if you go to 4 weeks, you will change programming. I am not saying you should not; simply you will have to figure out what to do ;]

Even if you made a little progress in two weeks, it is progress. The block system works.

Of course, the VPP is relevant.

You will lose conditioning if you go 4 weeks off ballistics.  In the book Pavel explains how long grind strength and ballistic strength will last.  He gives a range but basically ballistic = 15 days and grind = 30 days.  You might want to check the book I am just going from memory.

Yep, as Pavel says, do the program...it works. I made excellent gains on my grinds, achieving the bodyweight press goal by following the program as written.

Ok, thanks, Pavel! I certainly don't want to tinker with your work, till the day I become better than you at it. ;)

If the VPP is relevant, then why was it not taught at the RKC II (from what I heard)??

Gary,

I didn't see a four week range. But the book is complex, and there are nuances I may have missed, even though I have read it again and again so many times over.....

Daniel, yes, I am sure.

I have a similar question.  I have a couple of goals I would like to achieve.

3x bodyweight dl...I'm at 2.5 now

press the 40kg both arms with ease

keep my current weight (185lbs) and reduce bf%  Right now I'm about 10-12%

I have started ROTK using PTTP bear (with side press) for the grind block and doing the ballistic block as written.  This seems like a sound approach to meet my goals but I have found in the past programming for myself can go awry even if I can successfully program for others with ease.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hey ram,

been working the rotk program for over a year now.  My understanding is the cycles should be no mor than 2 weeks!  The research quoted IN the book was more specific as to the actual days but I've stuck with 2 weeks c/j and then 2 weeks pressing and it works! If you go 4 weeks with c/j and then back to pressing you will not be doing so hot on your presses and vice versa.  It's all muscle and neuro memory Tricking!

Ram by the way I tried a block with one month on grinds and two weeks on ballistics and I could not improve or even maintain my conditioning level on ballistics.  I lost my endurance with one month off ballistics.

The way I did mine was one week grinds, one week ballistics . I have found that my body gets good rest between my grinds and ballistics. If I could suggest maybe dropping a bell size lower to more volume of reps in. When I started my first stent of ROTK I could press 2x 32kg pretty well but I could not double snatch them. I dropped to the 24kg and worked my way up from there. I took my time and after 4 months I was snatching the 32kg pretty well. On my second time with ROTK I ended legitimately double snatching 36kg. And I MEAN EASY!! It felt like butter before I pressed them. So try dropping a bell size and going one week grind one week ballistic.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom