all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ROTK experience

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Hung

Level 8 Valued Member
Hello everyone, i'm on my last week with ROTK ( for now), and i would like to share my experience with the program.

In 2018, i had few months of ROP- achive the half bodyweight press (32 kg- my weight was 63, 64 kg that time), ignored the SSST (sorry Pavel); then 5 weeks of DFW with double 25; 6 weeks of The wolf with double 20. And from July, i started to do ROTK until now- it's my most favorite program.

weight use for grind block: 20 kg x 2 from July to middle of September. it's kinda easy for me at first: i quickly did 10 ladders of ( 2, 3 ,5). 25 x 2 from September to now: that's when many cool things happend. snatching double 25 then lower those to press is very different- much harder than doing one clean plus multi presses. and the last rung of each ladder is not easy either- there will be 5 front squat ready for you to finish. it's hard but doable (maybe because i used the light weight?) After one snatch, then few reps of snatch, i felt like i can walk through the wall. time cost is about a hour to a hour and half.

weight use for ballistic block: 20x2 for the light and medium day, 25 x2 for heavyday. Ballistic exercise is always my weak point, and i progressed much slower than when i was on the grind block. first 2 months, only 3 ladders of (2, 4, 6), after that, steady at 5 x (2 , 4, 6), then 2 weeks before, i managed to get my first (2, 4, 6, 8). The LCCJ with double 25 is hard for me. on the light day, i did few double snatch with 20 , because of my lacking of lighter bell stopped me from doing front raise snatch. 20- 60 minutes to finish one season

My faults while doing the ROTK:
- i didn't use uneven weight on the grind block. i though that if i can press double even bell , then i don't have to use uneven weigt. after re-read the book, i found out that i was wrong.
-i replaced the front raise snatch by double snatch. i didn't try to be a hero, but...
-i didn't really focus on cutting the time. i took plenty of time, and i loved this program because there are many presses to do- i felt relax while doing exercise.

Achivement:
-Nothing to special, mostly i felt much stronger, especially after i can do 5 ladders of (1 ,2 ,3, 4, 5)
-i test with 32kg bell, i can do (32+20) x 4, ( 32+ 25) x 5 (somehow 32+20 is harder)
-first time press the 36 kg on the right side.
-about the physique: i'm not truly focus on it. i ate more like a French legionnaires,rather than US servicemen lol. my bodyweight at steady 67/ 68 kg. Before than it was 67 at the end of DFW, 64 at the end of the Wolf. bodyfat at 9,1% ( check at november) in the front i look nearly the same, in the back there is more meat that before ( a lil bit). pictures are below: first one when i was 64, second when i was 68

- all of the CnJ and Snatch help me alot doing the "banging" part of soccer.
It's a nice program, deliver results - of course, and i will soon do it again. i feel much stronger than before. very much. now i have to get back to snatch- i hate that, very much...

Attachments

• the wolf.jpg
    the wolf.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 280
  • rotk.jpg
    rotk.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 282
q.Hung, if you like using double KB's, there is a program called "Dry Fighting Weight" you may like.

Great job documenting your experiences with RoTK.

q.Hung, if you like using double KB's, there is a program called "Dry Fighting Weight" you may like.

Great job documenting your experiences with RoTK.
i had 5 weeks of DFW with double 25 before ( see on the original post)- that was my first double bell program. will visit it in the future after i have another 32 :)

@q.Hung, thank you for the review. It sounds like ROTK, even in your modified version with matching weights, was good for you. Those are strong numbers for someone your size.

-S-

@q.Hung, thank you for the review. It sounds like ROTK, even in your modified version with matching weights, was good for you. Those are strong numbers for someone your size.

-S-
thank you for your kind words. There are many light weight but strong guys in this forum, like you, mr Pavel Macek, mr Mark Limbaga and i always look at you guys as an example

while you made a "mistake" you stayed within a set of principles and got good results so we can't argue with that.

well done btw..

What's next on your menu?

while you made a "mistake" you stayed within a set of principles and got good results so we can't argue with that.

well done btw..

What's next on your menu?
i focus on get my SSST. the King Size Killer 1 and 2 from one of mr Neupert book is nice- but those are like 5-months commitment

i focus on get my SSST. the King Size Killer 1 and 2 from one of mr Neupert book is nice- but those are like 5-months commitment

have you nailed the snatch test yet? You do know for your bodyweight you test using a 20kg..

Happy to help you in setting up goals, just let me know

have you nailed the snatch test yet? You do know for your bodyweight you test using a 20kg..

Happy to help you in setting up goals, just let me know
i had done 100 snatches with 20 kg in 4min 20s. never test with 10 minutes. i though that only men under 60 kg using the 20?
ballistics move is my weak point, want to focus on that for awhile. snatch seems nice, i can pick a light weight (20/24) on my scooter and do it on the park.
the reason with the SSST is i hope that after nailling it, i can comfortable snatch heavier weight, plus increase my stamina. the only down side now i can think about is i might loose some of my muscle gain- somehow now i'm really care about :)
but basically i still need more advice, i don't have much idea about how to progress. i mean there are many programs from many books/ articles from many authors, and i'm kinda lost in that information...

i had done 100 snatches with 20 kg in 4min 20s. never test with 10 minutes. i though that only men under 60 kg using the 20?
ballistics move is my weak point, want to focus on that for awhile. snatch seems nice, i can pick a light weight (20/24) on my scooter and do it on the park.
the reason with the SSST is i hope that after nailling it, i can comfortable snatch heavier weight, plus increase my stamina. the only down side now i can think about is i might loose some of my muscle gain- somehow now i'm really care about :)
but basically i still need more advice, i don't have much idea about how to progress. i mean there are many programs from many books/ articles from many authors, and i'm kinda lost in that information...

The new standards allow men 68kg and under to test with a 20kg

Don't snatches irritate the skin on your hands?
yes, yes it is. the dropping part tears my hand fast. that becauses:
-the handle of my kettlebell has a number on it ( 20 kg, 25 kg) and it's rough
-the snatching technique is errr on the left size, after i drop the bell i feel like i lost power, not feel like loading for another rep
-i'm not strong enough for the 25- i can easily snatch the 20 kg for many reps without any problems, eventhough the 20 and the 24 have the same diameter handle and only difference in the number.

Most welcome. While on topic, I honestly don't get excited about a 24kg SSST but have a ton of respect for the feat..

The lccj standard though, that excites me.
so do i, but i do what i have to do.
LCCJ is such a satisfy movement, i like it very much. strange that not many people mention about it on the forum.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom