all posts post new thread

Old Forum ROTK grind ladders

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

katzelff

Level 1 Valued Member
I am working at the  5 ladder 4 rung pace now with the 32s.  The 5 squats are killing me on the last two ladders and I split them up either 3/2 or 2/3.  I can do the first 3  five sets fine but the last two I can't seem to hang on to the bells cause my forearms are screaming in the clean position towards end of training session.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated cause I don't wanna move up to a fifth rung before I nail the squats without setting bells down.  Thanks

Sebastian: I had the same problems with the 24's (ha) a few months back.

I would pause, breathe, reload with the grip linking fingers of both hands together. Basically, going slower and tighter between reps made completion possible.

As to the answer to the question, it is: get Strong First.

;)

PS- I am now doing grinds with 28's.

Sebastian,

Are you having trouble with the squats on your light and medium days?  I would recommend starting with a rest between your last press and your squats.  Once you can consistently do 5 squats in a row without losing the bells, then go back to the original plan of doing the squats immediately after your last press.

Thanks for suggestions.  I have no problem when I set em down after the presses take a second the reclean and squat.  It's just now after 4 presses then right into the squats I get smoked!  i also interlock my hands like you Ram and that works.  On light or medium days I have no issues.  The bells on my heavy days just want to roll forward when I'm down in the squat.  When my rungs where at 3 I also had no issues.  Should I lean back more?  I will just keeup splitting the last few up till I can get five straight, or set em down for a bit after presses.  Thanks guys

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom