Rower (Stamina 1215)

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations - Other Training-Related' started by Sean M, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Sean M

Sean M Quadruple-Digit Post Count

This any good?
    https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-35-1215-Orbital-Rowing-Machine/dp/B001HWHY8Q

There's one on CL for pretty cheap ($85) near me. Says it works and is "like new", but I wonder why it is so discounted from retail.

A more robust option like Concept 2 is out of reach financially at this time, even on CL.

I like the free motion arms, though real rowing (the sport, not a row-boat) has the down-stroke glide down the body instead of out and away like this goes.

Bret S. likes this.
  2. Chrisdavisjr

Chrisdavisjr Quadruple-Digit Post Count

Never used one myself but, if you can afford $85 (or even talk the seller down to $75), it's worth picking it up just to try it out. You can always stick it on CL/eBay yourself if it doesn't work out and probably break even on the deal.

See if the seller has it set-up so you can try it out before you hand over your cash just in case there's anything wrong with it.

Carl in Dover and Sean M like this.
  3. Bret S.

Bret S. Quadruple-Digit Post Count Certified Instructor

This one is a waste of money

Sean M likes this.
  4. Samantha Dickerson

Samantha Dickerson First Timer

I bought this few months back and later replaced it with Concept 2 Model D rower. I agree with Bret, it's definitely a waste of money. Would recommend either Concept 2 or Water Rower. Both are available at Amazon.

Sean M and Bret S. like this.
  5. Bret S.

Bret S. Quadruple-Digit Post Count Certified Instructor

Welcome Samantha to SF forum, I got the Stamina ATS 1405 air rower, it's like a C2 with only a basic display, very well built and smooth

6. Brian Smart

Brian Smart Still New to StrongFirst Forum

Hi! My .02 here. my sport of choice right now is outrigger canoeing, both single and six man. We use Concept 2 rowers (some w a conversion kit to use like paddling in a canoe) and those are worth saving your money. There is also KayakPro which are similar to Concept 2.

Bret S. and Sean M like this.