all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Rower (Stamina 1215)

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sean M

Level 7 Valued Member
This any good?
https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-35-1215-Orbital-Rowing-Machine/dp/B001HWHY8Q

There's one on CL for pretty cheap ($85) near me. Says it works and is "like new", but I wonder why it is so discounted from retail.

A more robust option like Concept 2 is out of reach financially at this time, even on CL.

I like the free motion arms, though real rowing (the sport, not a row-boat) has the down-stroke glide down the body instead of out and away like this goes.

Never used one myself but, if you can afford $85 (or even talk the seller down to $75), it's worth picking it up just to try it out. You can always stick it on CL/eBay yourself if it doesn't work out and probably break even on the deal.

See if the seller has it set-up so you can try it out before you hand over your cash just in case there's anything wrong with it.

This any good?

There's one on CL for pretty cheap ($85) near me. Says it works and is "like new", but I wonder why it is so discounted from retail.

A more robust option like Concept 2 is out of reach financially at this time, even on CL.

I like the free motion arms, though real rowing (the sport, not a row-boat) has the down-stroke glide down the body instead of out and away like this goes.
This one is a waste of money

This any good?

I bought this few months back and later replaced it with Concept 2 Model D rower. I agree with Bret, it's definitely a waste of money. Would recommend either Concept 2 or Water Rower. Both are available at Amazon.

I bought this few months back and later replaced it with Concept 2 Model D rower. I agree with Bret, it's definitely a waste of money. Would recommend either Concept 2 or Water Rower. Both are available at Amazon.
Welcome Samantha to SF forum, I got the Stamina ATS 1405 air rower, it's like a C2 with only a basic display, very well built and smooth

Hi! My .02 here. my sport of choice right now is outrigger canoeing, both single and six man. We use Concept 2 rowers (some w a conversion kit to use like paddling in a canoe) and those are worth saving your money. There is also KayakPro which are similar to Concept 2.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom