all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Royal S&S Questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Terry McCarthy

Level 7 Valued Member
Hey folks, I have a few questions about Royal S&S
  • Are the Heavy/Medium/Light day written into the program, or are they rotated by feel?
  • How long does a cycle last?
  • At the end of the cycle, is there a "Testing" day?
Thanks in advance!

@Pavel Macek
@Stuart Elliott

Last edited:
usually dictated by the dice roll but when you are having an off day, do the light sessions

you can easily extend to months

I have to re-read but when I felt extra strong one day I tested for the simple snatch standard

A) Dice throw
B) It depends - it features double progression - increasing the reps, then dropping the reps, and increasing the weight, etc. Slow, but steady progress
C) You may test after the end of the cycle. Snatch needs a special peaking period according our Strong Endurance principles, bent press - you test 1RM (and may actually run out of heavy kettlebells - that’s a reason I am working on a dumbbell and barbell variation of the program.

- still work in progress
- working title until approved

A) Dice throw
B) It depends - it features double progression - increasing the reps, then dropping the reps, and increasing the weight, etc. Slow, but steady progress
C) You may test after the end of the cycle. Snatch needs a special peaking period according our Strong Endurance principles, bent press - you test 1RM (and may actually run out of heavy kettlebells - that’s a reason I am working on a dumbbell and barbell variation of the program.

- still work in progress
- working title until approved

Since one of my goals is to be able to do the snatch testing standard with a 32, I'm guessing this is a discussion best done over a cup or two of coffee?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom