all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Royal Simple & Sinister Test Program: Looking for Vict... Volunteers!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Pavel Macek

Level 9 Valued Member
Master Certified Instructor
Elite Certified Instructor
Sinister
“The one-arm snatch is the Tsar of kettlebell lifts, fluid and vicious.“
- Pavel Tsatsouline, StrongFirst Chairman
“All hail to the Bent Press. The King of Lifts!”

- Siegmund Klein, legendary strongman & all-round athlete

Ladies and gentlemen,

I am working on the original advanced program minimum revisited - kettlebell snatch and bent press - with a working name Royal Simple & Sinister (RSAS).

Quite a few students already went through the program (including myself of course), some of them still continue. I am so far happy with the latest version, but I would love to have more of my colleagues to test it and let me know their opinions, suggestions, and results.

@Steve Freides has Kindly offered to make a private forum section for those who would like to take a part in the test program.

Below are the entry criteria:

Are you ready for RSAS?​

Requirements:
  • At least "Simple" standard both for swings and get-ups. Preferably more than “Simple”
  • “You should have the 1-h swing master before you attempt frequent and/or high volume snatching with a heavy load.” (Al Ciampa).
  • Preferably ROP/SFG2 press standard - ladies 1/3 bodyweight military press, gentlemen 1/2 bodyweight military press.
  • Excellent overhead shoulder mobility.
  • Excellent snatch & bent press technique.
  • Access to various kettlebell weights.
  • Frequency: Almost daily practice - 3-4 times a week seems ideal - 1 day on, 1 day off.
  • Consistency and sticking to the training plan for few months.

If a) you meet the entry criteria (for real) b) you are interested in taking part in the RSAS test program, please write below.

Damn, I would really like to participate, but don't meet all the criteria :(
Simple on swing, but only 24kg on snatch and TGU.
Oh, and bent press, one for me to improve on - along with shoulder mobility.......

Ladies and Gentlemen, you will receive a PM from me about the new forum section once it has been created, which will be before the end of the current week and, I hope, possibly before the end of the day today.

-S-

@Pavel Macek I'm interested. I achieved Simple for the swings and get-ups some time ago. I currently use 40kg for 100 swings most mornings and currently do bent presses (at least ten per side) mostly with a 32kg for doubles and triples, with some singles with 40kg thrown in for good measure.

I currently weigh 72kg and can press 32kg for a comfortable, clean single. I don't own a 36kg so I can't say if I'm at the half-BW press standard. I suspect I am just short of it.

I can promise that I would be consistent.

In terms of access to bells, I own 16kg, 24kg, 32kg and 40kg (one of each).

If the above sounds suitable, I would be very grateful if you would allow me to take part.

Thank you very much in advance,

Harry

Interested but currently can only do the routine 2 times a week, sometimes 3, is that ok?

Passing most of the requirements, having access to bells in half pood increments.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom