all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Rucking for cardio

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I ruck with 35# up a hill and back down for about 45 min. Going up the HR is definitely aerobic, coming down not so much. But coming down means some eccentric load on the legs, which is good, but without the impact of running. Overall my ruck is a nice aerobic endurance and strength endurance workout. I’ll be sticking with it as bike cross training for the time being.

Surprisingly nothing really aches this morning except my hips are still stiff, i thought my back and traps might be sore too

Yes thats what i was thinking as i was walking as it goes, its the same thing i like about cycling, just being out with nothing but your thoughts for a couple of hours, good for the mind!

Im already looking at places i can go haha
Theres a place called box hill and it has a off road route from bottom to top of roughly 2 miles and 5/600ft elevation! Cracking views from the top then a easy walk bsck down!

Id probably go with half the weight i did today though, about 6kg

If you are into outdoor activities, consider making a bushcraft/hiking kit our of your pack and then adding weights to that if you want to go heavier with it.

Doing the stretches from S&S helps with rucking

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom