all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Rucking/Marching

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
HI everybody I want discuss rucking or marching as a form of LSD and as a supplement to the A + A protocol.

Mr.Ciampa wrote a great article about Rucking / Hiking but I am also interested in the practical experience of the people here .Sustainable of this type exercises interested me.diconsidering that in the past the Roman Legion marched at great distances with a load of about 40-60lbs over distances of 15 or more miles a day

the most valuable aspect of training by me is the sustainability of a given exercise for a long period of time (months, years) consistently without too much mileage on the speedometer just for this my primary training session. my heartbeat returned to normal and I was ready for the next explosive power reps.

currently some armies of the world use rucking as a form of physical test.
I personally walk a lot of miles in the morning and a few nights for me this is mental relaxation and it also improves my mood for the rest of the day and another bonus I can train the proper diaphragm breathing associated with Buteyko exercises and so ...

Thanks for every advices and thoughts.

Best
Pat

I need to start doing some to get ready for hunting...if we ever get released from isolation ha

I have been doing racking for some weeks now. Not sure what the results have been.

I have been rucking with 20-25 kilo ruck for maybe eight hours pr. day, in a couple of days. I do this when I am hiking in the mountains. I do this a couple of times each year, mostly doing summer and autumn.

I wanted to do rucking on a weekly basis. What I started doing was to use a water container with ten liters, put it in a back pack and then just go for a walk. I am walking in the street in my village. Right now there is a lot of snow and stormy weather so I did not go into nature. The trip lasts for around 30-60 minutes and unfortunately it does not make me that tired, almost not tired at all. I guess that mean I could have done it for a longer time, but that is simply just too boring.

Anyway. That is what I am doing, and it is kind of joyful to do it. It is a peaceful activity, a kind of training that creates a bit of variation from all my other kettlebell activities.

I am actually doing A+A swings as a supplement to my rucking. I believe I am seeing the most noticeable benefit going up hills and recovering from the up hills.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom