Rucksack for kettlebells

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations - Everything Else' started by Wesker11, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Wesker11

Wesker11 Helping Make Others Stronger

I have a couple questions about rucksacks. I'm looking to get 2 kettle bells in and out of the office. Is it feasible to put these in a rucksack? Would be a 32kg and 24Kg. I've never put that much weight on my back but it would be for very short trips. Parking garage to office.

Would on of the sacks at goruck work for this?

Thanks for any tips.

2. offwidth

offwidth Strong, Powerful, Explosively Athletic Member of the Forum

Yes it's feasible.
    I don't know anything about GoRuck packs, but any high quality heavy duty mountaineering pack would work. (add some towels or blankets to stop them clanking) So would a haul bag, but not so comfy. A cheap or ultralight pack might tear with 56kg on board.
    There is a bit of an art in shouldering a pack that heavy. You could easily jack yourself up if you don't do it right. Or you could make two trips...
    Maybe a dumb question... but why not just carry them in Farmers Walk style? Get a grip workout in the bargain...

3. Wesker11

Mainly because I would also be carrying my lunch box and gym bag. Though I could now probably combine the ruck and gym bag into one. Plus, I get tired of the looks as well, lol.

4. offwidth

offwidth Strong, Powerful, Explosively Athletic Member of the Forum

They are just wishing they were as motivated as you are...

5. pet'

pet' Strong, Powerful, Explosively Athletic Member of the Forum

Hello,

@Wesker11
    Karrimor is super solid. They have a great range of alpine backpack.

Kind regards,

Pet'

6. Wesker11

Thanks for the recommendations. Since I am in the US I decided to get a GoRuck pack. Plan is to ruck one bell and farmer carry the other. I can combine my usual gym bag into the ruck pack, then that will leave a hand open for my enormous lunch box lol.

Thanks again!

offwidth likes this.
  7. Bro Mo

Bro Mo Strong Member of the Forum

Wow, I've never looked at the price for a goruck before. Might as well get a mystery ranch cabinet for those prices.

8. Wesker11

Yep, I got one of the mid range Ruckers. I'm hoping it will be a good investment much like the kettlebell is. I did a lot of looking and I couldn't really find anything in between really cheap and really expensive.

9. RichJ

RichJ Double-Digit Post Count

GoRuck makes some awesome gear - huge fan - use the gr1 for weighted rucks and the gr2 for most travel. Having said that you could probably get your hands on an extra 32 and 24 for less than the cost of a GRwhatever. Then just leave the extra bells at the office.

And since you saved so much money go ahead and buy the Gr1 anyway and use it for weighted rucks on the weekend......

10. RichJ

RichJ Double-Digit Post Count

GoRuck also offers a fairly substantial discount to former military - takes a decent bite out of the purchase price. You'll need your dd-214 or some documentation to qualify.

11. ClaudeR

ClaudeR Triple-Digit Post Count

Salut Pet'

What Karrimor would you get then, especially if you consider regular rucking with 20-25kg?

Merci,
    Claude

12. pet'

pet' Strong, Powerful, Explosively Athletic Member of the Forum

13. kbell12

kbell12 Strong Member of the Forum

Make sure and invest in some advanced ruck padding technology (old dirty towels) so they don't shift around too much or dig into your back.

Wesker11 likes this.
  14. Whiskey_Fox

Whiskey_Fox Double-Digit Post Count

Skip the fancy expensive packs, unless you plan on using them as intended outside of transporting your kettlebells.

Otherwise go for the old Alice pack w/metal frame you can pick up at any military surplus store ($50 out the door).

just my $.02

-WF

15. mprevost

mprevost Triple-Digit Post Count

GORUCK packs are great. Durable and they ride well on the back. I an hauling 50lbs of sand bags up and down the hills three days per week in mine.