all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Running in Converse All-Stars

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I recently bought my first pair of these - I love them. They are the closest thing to the feeling of walking barefoot I've found in a shoe - even a Chuck Taylor is still a shoe. These are changing the way I walk, and I'm getting used to that by only wearing them every other day so far. They're definitely closer to a Vibram Five-Finger or a padded sock in feel than a Chuck Taylor.

-S-
Do you use the Low top Chucks? or like Pavel in Naked Warrior High tops?

Do you use the Low top Chucks? or like Pavel in Naked Warrior High tops?
I can’t decide on what is the best to get for being new to KB and squats and soon to be dead lifts. (The gym I am at will not allow barefoot or open toe shoes. The Chuck High Tops look cool but i feel i will lose out on the ankle development and the low tops look funny to wear. I kinds also been thinking of Feiyues (that can double as Parkour shoes) or at Famous Foot Wear stop the have this Body Glove 5 Fingers. Men's 3T Barefoot Max Water Shoe

What should I really look to get starting out ??

I've always used low-top Chucks. But, as mentioned above, now Feivue's.

-S-

The Chuck High Tops look cool but i feel i will lose out on the ankle development and the low tops look funny to wear.

If you go High Tops, you could always fold over the top 2 eyelets without lacing them (what I do)
Low Tops do Not look funny, sir. (I wear mostly Low Top Chuck Taylor All Stars) =]

I cannot speak to any shoes but Chucks and 5 fingers. I like my toes with at least something between them and the world, when I used 5 Fingers I stubbed my toes all the time.

I don't think anyone has to worry about ankle support preventing ankle development in high-top chucks or almost any other high-top shoe. There was a study awhile back with basketball players that showed the only effect higher shoes might have was to cause more injuries by giving players a false sense of security. Anything that would give real support on these forces would impede movement. Wear the chucks you think are coolest...

Thank you all for you kindness and patients with me. @Miguel I meant no offense. I see Pavel always wear Pants with his Chucks but with shorts in the Naked Warrior Vid he has hightop. So are you guys telling me you actually wear shorts with them ? ( I guess the fact I go to (and work at ) Lifetime Fitness - so not too many hard core lifters. (last night i even saw some guy dead lifting with running shoes with a high heal). The Feiyues are slowly winning. But I may try the low top chucks first.(if i can get over how I look in them)- Thank you to everyone...this place is awesome !!!!

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom