all posts post new thread
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

I just saw this video this evening and was about to post it. @Mirek, you're quite fast ! ;)

This guy is definitely super impressive. It reminds me some Scottish stone lifting. Frankly, I wonder what his "training" is.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

This guy really goes heavier and heavier each time I see his video !

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

Hehe, sure:D !

I also really like the simplicity of his training. Very straigthforward !

Kind regards,

Pet'

Wow these guys start lifting weights quite young! Here in Argentina I started going to the gym when I was about 15, and my mom was worried that "the weight lifting was going to stall my growth" or something similar. I guess the precautionary measure didnt work very well since I didnt grow too tall after all.

No wonder these guys are strong and with great technique when they turn 20.

New Ivan Denisov is on the way...

Reminds me to do more swings, more often.

Look carefully at the 16 kg yellow KB sport bell the kid is swinging...

It's hollow.

You can see the empty hole at the beginning of the video.

Wow these guys start lifting weights quite young! Here in Argentina I started going to the gym when I was about 15, and my mom was worried that "the weight lifting was going to stall my growth" or something similar. I guess the precautionary measure didnt work very well since I didnt grow too tall after all.

Personally I wish someone had shoved me under a bar at age 12 or so. I think it would've helped a lot of stuff.

It's hollow.

That's the way competition KBs are made. Competition KBs are all the same size. The weight is adjusted by a filler inside the KB. Therefore, the lighter KBs are more "hollow" than the heavier KBs. Even the 32 kg has some hollow space inside.

I once saw an image showing the cross sections of various comp KBs. If I find it I'll post it.

I remember using a poor quality comp KB where the filler had loosened and literally moved around inside when I did swings and snatches. A good quality comp KB obviously does not have that issue.

It's hollow.

Read the youtube info: "Little Zhenya caused a sensation as he participated in the "Victory Record" event on May 9th where he swung a four-kilo (8.8 lbs) kettlebell 117 times."

Last edited:

Not really a feat of strength as we would traditionally think, but it is crazy nonetheless. I love watching the videos on this thread!

The videos on Vadim Ischeykin's channel are my favorite though. The epitome of rugged strength. One of the reasons that kettlebells are so compelling to me is the rugged type of strength they seem to provide, the rugged people that use them, and the rugged settings they are used in. I grew up going to gyms like 24 (no disrespect to them at all btw) where gyms were perfectly clean and supplied with an abundance of machines, so I have developed an appreciation for people that get strong using more blue collar-type equipment like kettlebells or stones in a a variety of settings. Kettlebell lifting seems like one form of "blue collar" weight training that is also very safe and sustainable when done correctly. No fancy machines, just a circle of iron with a handle. I love it!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom