all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Russian Ballet Leg Thrust

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Lloyd

Level 1 Valued Member
I have a short term goal of doing 2 sets of 10 Double Lying Leg Raises before moving on to hanging leg raise work. A yoga routine I like doing daily also calls for one set of ten as a warm up before the actual yoga routine begins. Years ago I found I could just do it so Iv never had to build up to it so now I'm studying different ways and means of building a program to achieve my goals. I'm going to focus on the single leg version, my plan is this:

Week 1: 5 sets of 1 (R/L) 3 minutes rest between reps.
Week 2: 5 sets of 2
Week 3: 4 sets of 3
Week 4: 3 sets of 4
Week 5: 2 sets of 5
Week 6: 2 sets of 6
Week 7: 2 sets of 7
Week 8: 2 sets of 8

(take 5sec to lower leg to floor, two quick inhales to power back before fully re pressurizing abdomen)

I shall be doing the plan daily Monday through till Friday with weekends off. After the 8 weeks are up I shall try the two legged version. I'm hoping I'll get 5 sets of 2 reps to begin with.
Is there any need to add a "core" leg+arm extension exercise while doing this plan as Pavel states in the Bullet Proof abs book that the drill overloads the inter-spinales? Would the above program also work with Horizontal Rows either done before or later in the day?

P.s I do one set of the souped up toe touch, kneeling hip flexor, and the good morning hamstring stretch beforehand. Will my plan get me to were I've stated - to do the double legged version?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom