all posts post new thread

Barbell Russian Bear weekends

• Thread starter Deleted member 316
  • Start date
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

Yeah yeah, I know. Another bear question. I have two days access to a barbell. Saturday and sunday when I come home. Is it advisable to do the bear back to back, but to the extra sets of deadlift on saturday with just the minimum sets of bench and do the extra sets of bench sunday and the minimum sets of deads? It would break the stress on the body up, shorten the workouts, and still keep most of the volume.

I know you can do PTTP everyday, and the bear is usually done two to three days a week separated by a day or so but if you break the volume up between the the two exercises it should be ok right?

I think two days in a row of high-volume, heavy lifting might be too much for most people. The plan you describe is one option, but it's not the Bear protocol - you could certainly try it. My biggest concern would be fatigue on the second day causing a loss of form and possible injury. If you were to do this, you should be very careful not to go too heavy, and to stop when you feel you're unsure if the next set could be completed in good form.

Another option would be to lift heavy one day and do ballistics the next.

-S-

I would squat and Bench one day - deadlift and press Another far from ideal but good...different example :
Day one
Heavy squat
Heavy Bench
Light press

Day two
Deadlift medium
Pull ups heavy
rows light
Next week would be
Medium squat / heavy deadlift
Light Bench/heavy press

Deadlift one heavy set / medium would be 2x5

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom