all posts post new thread

Ryan T - Die But Do

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ryan T

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
6/4/21

AM: 45:30 min walk 3 miles
PM: GFE (Ground Force Evaluation)
Chains at double 20kg
9 series of 4x(PP/SQ/CL)
3 chin ups EMOM x 8
Reverse GFE (Ground Force Evaluation)

6/5/21

AM
Ruck 30# 52 min 3 miles
F3 PT Beat Down
Screenshot_20210605-132000.png

KB class
Swing/breathing pyramid 1-13-1
Continuous carry 10 min @20kg

PM
25 min GFE + UBF (upper body flow) + Reverse GFE + 25 min walk

6/6/21
AM: 50 min walk
PM: 1 hr swimming

6/7/21
AM: 55 min walk
PM: KB Session
GFE +
Doubles complex @20kgs 2 series of:
4 LCCJ + 6 FSQ + 4 DL
5 LCCJ + 5 FSQ + 5 DL
6 LCCJ + 4 FSQ + 6 DL
Reverse GFE + 15 min row cool down

6/8/21

AM: 45 min ruck #30 + 30 min walk
PM: GFE + Upper Body Flow + Reverse GFE + OS rolling and movement practice 45 min
Karate class: 45 min

6/9/21

AM: 55 min sunrise walk
PM: GFE +
3 Series intervals double 20kg
3,4,5 MPs
3,4,5 RVLs (Reverse Lunges)
Reverse GFE + Stretching

45 min karate class

6/10/21

AM: Ruck 30#
Screenshot_20210611-133540.png
45 min karate class. Moderate intensity.

6/11/21

AM: 1 hr walk w Big Bo

PM: GFE +
Double complexes @20 kg
5 series
2 MP + 4 SQ + 2 CL
3 MP + 3 SQ + 3 CL
4 MP + 2 SQ + 4 CL
Reverse GFE

6/14/21
AM
Walk 45 min

PM
Walk 45 min

6/15 Nashville, TN
AM
Screenshot_20210616-070036.png

PM
GFE +
Double KB chains @20 kg
Ladders 3 series of 3,4,5
PP + SQ + DL
Reverse GFE + Stretching

6/15 Nashville, TN

AM
Walk 1 hr. Some hills for some different stimulus.
Mid Day
1.5 hour walk around downtown

PM
Drove home. 45 min
GFE + Strength Flow + Reverse GFE + stretching

Hey Brother! Glad to see you posting training here!

I really like what you're doing, especially the ton of locomotion work ? ?

Hey Brother! Glad to see you posting training here!

I really like what you're doing, especially the ton of locomotion work ? ?
Haha, I thought you might take note of that. I logged 45 miles of walking/rucking in May. Walked a lot in Nashville this week so I’m already to 43 miles midway through June!

Haha, I thought you might take note of that. I logged 45 miles of walking/rucking in May. Walked a lot in Nashville this week so I’m already to 43 miles midway through June!
That's a lot of miles in a couple weeks!
-

When everything is clicking I'm averaging around ~14 miles per week running 3 times I think. Nothing makes me feel better than when I get out and run, today I didn't feel the same leg heaviness I felt last time out, missing out on a few sessions really makes a big difference.
-
Walking that much will certainly make you stronger overall, today I walked an extra half mile after the run, it wasn't my original intent but the route I chose made it so.. I'll take it anyway, it's always a good idea to go for a cool down walk after a run.

That's a lot of miles in a couple weeks!
-

When everything is clicking I'm averaging around ~14 miles per week running 3 times I think. Nothing makes me feel better than when I get out and run, today I didn't feel the same leg heaviness I felt last time out, missing out on a few sessions really makes a big difference.
-
Walking that much will certainly make you stronger overall, today I walked an extra half mile after the run, it wasn't my original intent but the route I chose made it so.. I'll take it anyway, it's always a good idea to go for a cool down walk after a run.
Between all the walking, rucking, squats, lunges etc… my legs are almost unbeatable in the dojo. Folks try to sweep me and if I don’t avoid it, they’re basically trying to uproot an oak tree with their foot. It ain’t happening.?

What is GFE?

Great log title, BTW. That's the only path forward.
Thanks!

GFE = Ground Force Evaluation. It’s a way to judge your movement quality and stability before and after a session as well as a great warm up/cool down. You might see me post other things like UBF (Upper Body Flow), LBF (Lower Body Flow) and SPF (Strength and Power Flow). I don’t have videos specific for those, however they’re all based out of Ground Force Method movement patterns.

This is pretty close to what I do, although I’ll do more sidewalks (traveling left and right in the push up position) as well as the push ups. Give it a shot for a while and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

GFE = Ground Force Evaluation. It’s a way to judge your movement quality and stability before and after a session as well as a great warm up/cool down. You might see me post other things like UBF (Upper Body Flow), LBF (Lower Body Flow) and SPF (Strength and Power Flow). I don’t have videos specific for those, however they’re all based out of Ground Force Method movement patterns.

This is pretty close to what I do, although I’ll do more sidewalks (traveling left and right in the push up position) as well as the push ups. Give it a shot for a while and let me know what you think.

I like the GF stuff a lot, lately I'm drawn more and more to this type of training.

I like the GF stuff a lot, lately I'm drawn more and more to this type of training.
Bro, I’ve been wondering about something like this recently:

MWF GFE + Ballistic/mace + Reverse GFE
TThS Crawling/Ground work + Easy aerobic

Ballistic could really be whatever you want, because you’ve got a lot of cross body stabilization with crawling/groundwork and mace work. Snatch can always be the stand by, but DCL would actually be an interesting option because of the stimulus of catching the bells in the rack. With the wider stance (vs 2hsw or snatch) you won’t generate as much power, but still interesting nonetheless. Crawling/ground work generally isn’t terribly taxing to the CNS (unless you’re really going for broke), so doing it perhaps before easy aerobics would work just fine and would add a great strength stimulus.

EDIT: Crawling could be good on the shoulders and rotator cuff as well.

Thoughts?

Bro, I’ve been wondering about something like this recently:

MWF GFE + Ballistic/mace + Reverse GFE
TThS Crawling/Ground work + Easy aerobic

Ballistic could really be whatever you want, because you’ve got a lot of cross body stabilization with crawling/groundwork and mace work. Snatch can always be the stand by, but DCL would actually be an interesting option because of the stimulus of catching the bells in the rack. With the wider stance (vs 2hsw or snatch) you won’t generate as much power, but still interesting nonetheless. Crawling/ground work generally isn’t terribly taxing to the CNS (unless you’re really going for broke), so doing it perhaps before easy aerobics would work just fine and would add a great strength stimulus.

EDIT: Crawling could be good on the shoulders and rotator cuff as well.

Thoughts?
Thinking.. can you give a brief description of reverse GFE? How does it work?

@Bret S. Same movement patterns as the GFE except the execution is reverse, starting at the end and ending at the beginning. Bookends.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom