all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S 2.0 out now on kindle

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
All, Im soon to be 61 and am following the original book working upto 24 on the TGU and just starting working in the 32 on swings. Is the new book something for me at my age to consider? My goals are to get to own simple and see what comes next!

I received my hard copy too. I did a quick read in one sitting. Excellent work. I loved it. I am going to have to read it again more thoroughly again.

All, Im soon to be 61 and am following the original book working upto 24 on the TGU and just starting working in the 32 on swings. Is the new book something for me at my age to consider? My goals are to get to own simple and see what comes next!
Paul - Definitely get the new version. The “new” Simple standard (called “Timeless Simple”) is 10 x 10 one-arm swings and 5 getups per side, both with 32kg, in one session (no time target); the Simple challenge is the 5:00/10:00 time limit.

Tonight I tested my Timeless Simple baseline. Swings were good, 32kg getups were rusty (it’s been a while), the rest were with 28kg. So I have a bit of work to do bringing the getups up to standard!

Paul - Definitely get the new version. The “new” Simple standard (called “Timeless Simple”) is 10 x 10 one-arm swings and 5 getups per side, both with 32kg, in one session (no time target); the Simple challenge is the 5:00/10:00 time limit.
Will do Thanks!

Received my hard copy today with note from Pavel. So honored to be in it! I love all the revisions. All of the great is still there. Any of the unclear has now been clarified.

I like the new version, but i can not find straw breathing (just flipped trough it two times).
Timeless Simple is a good idea imo, and i love the 2hswing focus.

I like the new version, but i can not find straw breathing (just flipped trough it two times).
Timeless Simple is a good idea imo, and i love the 2hswing focus.
Yes, straw breathing and one other breathing technique have been removed.

Btw, there is only one a little inconsistent mention of the session lasting barely 30 minutes that has made it into the new edition.

I love that the update is more true to being or becoming strong first.

With 2.0, what is the time frame for a session? I usually do the swings emom to try and keep the session length down.

With 2.0, what is the time frame for a session? I usually do the swings emom to try and keep the session length down.
Talk-test based recovery, no specific time frame given. Because you are starting with a bell you are competent with for 10 x 10 and 1/5, and only 1 set at a time is with a heavier bell, it shouldn’t be that drawn out. It’s probably even faster on two-hand swing days (every 2-3 sessions).

Not available yet on amazon.ca, and already sold out in paperback on amazon.com! wow

Not available yet on amazon.ca, and already sold out in paperback on amazon.com! wow

Try googling for the kindle version and you might find it... I noticed the UK kindle version was available on Wednesday I think but didn’t order it straight away, when I came back it had disappeared (and still isn’t back) but I managed to find it and buy it by googling for the kindle version. Might be a similar thing in Canada?

Yeah, the black on black photos were troublesome. Again, distinctions and not taking away from the product.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom