all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S 2.0 out now on kindle

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
A review lists some differences: This new revised edition simplifies and clarifies a few things that are not obvious to new trainees. The revised training plan also looks promising and reflects my experience working SaS.

I have been kind of stuck with chasing the time standard for the swings with a 24kg bell. Even though I actually tested only 1-2 times a month (usually needing 6-7 mins to complete 100 swings with a decent form), I have probably rushed my swings on average and chased the clock.

Now I have two sessions of crisp and powerful swings behind me with making sure I pass the talk test before every set.

Im very excited about the new learnings and progression from S&S 2.0 and I dont know if its just a coincidence but I have slept like a baby on both nights after these sessions.

I have been kind of stuck with chasing the time standard for the swings with a 24kg bell. Even though I actually tested only 1-2 times a month (usually needing 6-7 mins to complete 100 swings with a decent form), I have probably rushed my swings on average and chased the clock.

Now I have two sessions of crisp and powerful swings behind me with making sure I pass the talk test before every set.

Im very excited about the new learnings and progression from S&S 2.0 and I dont know if its just a coincidence but I have slept like a baby on both nights after these sessions.

Do you mean that there the basic program has changed? Or how you should measure progress has changed?

Do you mean that there the basic program has changed? Or how you should measure progress has changed?
You now work up to 32kg for work weight at talk-test intervals (no compression of rest intervals). Makes the swings more like A+A.

After reaching that level, you can train once a week for the time standards but with the -8kg bell, so 2-3 sessions a week with 32kg at talk-test and then Friday pushing it a bit with 24kg.

Or you can do the swings and getups at 32kg twice a week (talk-test) and then anything else with your remaining time - barbell, endurance, or just life.

Bought it and gave it a first read. I love the way it had been fine tuned and that so much knowledge established post the first edition had been brought into the second.

It’s clear that after all the first version took it too far in terms of purity of programming and progression, timed sessions etc. Now all the intuitive stuff that so many people reported is included.

Being 11 months into the program and owning Timless Simple, but not timed Simple I’m almost heart broken that it’s now recommended to take a detour before taking it further to Sinister ;). But it all makes sense.

I wish that some day ETK gets rewritten as S&S.

@Molson Updates of the the old books would be pretty darn cool, but I doubt it - seeing as they are still sold by DragonDoor I don't imagine SF/Pavel has the rights to it. Someone in management can correct me if I'm wrong here.

@Molson Updates of the the old books would be pretty darn cool, but I doubt it - seeing as they are still sold by DragonDoor I don't imagine SF/Pavel has the rights to it. Someone in management can correct me if I'm wrong here.

Yeah, it’s more a naive wish on my side. That said, as far as SF would not have the rights to rewrite the book, I wonder how much this applies to the program itself. All that needs is some revised guidelines to the snatch part of the program in my opinion. Still, let’s enjoy the new S@S for now!

Yeah, it’s more a naive wish on my side. That said, as far as SF would not have the rights to rewrite the book, I wonder how much this applies to the program itself. All that needs is some revised guidelines to the snatch part of the program in my opinion. Still, let’s enjoy the new S@S for now!
With S&S 2.0, you can practice swings and getups at 32kg two days a week and have plenty of time to do the C&P ladders (and optional pull-ups) and snatch practice (e.g. snatch instead of swing on the Friday “Do or Die” session).

Apologies if I'm asking in the wrong thread, but is there any information about a paperback release in the EU? The original took over two months to arrive from the States and while the wait would ultimately be fine I'd like to know my options.

Thanks!

With S&S 2.0, you can practice swings and getups at 32kg two days a week and have plenty of time to do the C&P ladders (and optional pull-ups) and snatch practice (e.g. snatch instead of swing on the Friday “Do or Die” session).
True. This seems to be a natural progression now from simple to simple maintenance+ROP. The point I was trying to make that as far as the press part of ROP had proven to be bulletproof, most people report that the snatch is merely a practice which sets a baseline for further work based on another program. I’m wondering if there is a way of making ROP more balanced for developing both lifts as S&S is for swing and tgu.

You now work up to 32kg for work weight at talk-test intervals (no compression of rest intervals). Makes the swings more like A+A.

After reaching that level, you can train once a week for the time standards but with the -8kg bell, so 2-3 sessions a week with 32kg at talk-test and then Friday pushing it a bit with 24kg.

Or you can do the swings and getups at 32kg twice a week (talk-test) and then anything else with your remaining time - barbell, endurance, or just life.

Makes sense. A great program even better! Going heavier and not worrying about the rest makes even more sense for the getups.

Wnt ahead and bought the Kindle version. I really like the fact that Pavel added information about anti-glycolitic training. I am enjoying reading the new version.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom