all posts post new thread

S&S - 2018 goal 40kg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@NoILSteve - Way to keep getting after it when you can, and having the wisdom to recognize when you need to recover!

Thank you @Steve Rogers!

4/24/18

My schedule has really been out of control lately, I am getting crushed at work. It should be easing up in the next week.

Today I did Simple because I didn't have a ton of time.

32kg 1H swings 10 x 10 in 4:53
1 min rest
32kg TGU's in 9:03

Those last 3 sets of swings are brutal!

4/26/18

Spring is here! low 60's and sunny so I took my 32kg bell to work with me and out into nature at lunch for an outdoor workout.

Warmed up with prying goblet squats and some one arm pressing.

32kg 50 continuous swings.

Pushups on the bell 3 x 20
One arm rows alternating arms 3 x 16 (8 per arm)

Finished with 3 25 yard sprints

suitcase carry back to car

I went heavy on sprints last summer and was looking forward to doing them today. I'm not sure if it was the swings before hand, the length of time since I did them or the fact that i'm getting older but WOW they felt awkward. Like my upper and lower body were disconnected. If weather permits I'd like to do workouts like this once a week. So much more fun than being in the gym.

Weighed in today at 184lbs. Haven't been this light since HS. I've been fasting most days because I feel great when I do. I'm not trying to lose weight and I don't feel like ive lost strength. I don't weigh myself very often but may check-in on it more regularly.

4/27/18

40kg TGU x 10

a1) Knees to elbows 10, 10, 10
a2) Battle ropes :60, :60, :60

Abwheel x 10

Nice garage workout today! TGU's felt good considering it's been a while since I've used the 40.

4/28/18

Leisurely 5 mile bike ride pulling the kids in the trailer.

A ton of running as I taught my oldest to ride without training wheels which consisted of me running along side her. Does this count as LSD cardio? LOL

4/29/19

April is almost over, I need to really get moving on my goal. After my warm-ups I tried some 1H swings with the 40kg. I did a set of 3 and then a set of 5 on each arm. It felt good. I was surprised and excited to know I can do that!

40kg 2H Swings x 10 EMOM for 100 reps.

32kg TGU's x 4
40kg TGU x 8

I tried a new grip for my TGU's based on a video someone posted in the KB discussion. The grip is more towards the pinky as opposed towards the thumb....Tried it with the 32 to and loved. I feel a lot more stable. The TGU's with the 40 felt SOLID today!

Was in and out of the house all day so I greased the groove with pullups utilizing the pullup bar in my garage. Probably accumulated 20 reps or so.

4/30/18

36kg 1H swings EMOM for 6 x 10
Slowed down and stopped timing myself for the last 4 x 10 because I felt my form was breaking

36kg TGU's x 10 EMOM

20 min row on the C2 keeping my HR between 140-148. Nice easy pace

My knee has been feeling a little crunchy for a couple of days. Today it felt fine throughout the workout until I got off the rower. Since then it has been crunchy with mild pain. Something I will keep an eye on. It may need some rest and if that's the case I may just do my TGU's up to the tall sit to avoid the lunge or pressure on the knee.... I'll see how it feels over the next few days.

5/1/18

Yesterday as the day went on my knee got worse and worse. By the end of the day I had a noticeable limp. I was getting worried. Today I woke up without a trace of pain or discomfort! I know just because it FEELS better doesn't mean it actually is better. Taking today off and probably will avoid goblet squats and full TGU's the rest of the week.

@Michael Scott I'm trying to be better at that!

5/3/18

36kg 1H swings 10 x 10
No timer, did it based on fell. Felt good today

a1) TRX T, Y, W, Curls 15 reps of each
a2) janda situps 4 x 6

Seated row 120x12, 140x10, 170x8

Assault bike 20 minutes avg HR 138

Knee felt fine. I did some air squats to test it out and had no problems. I'll still give it until Monday before trying anything more than air squats with it.

5/4/18

40kg 1H swings 10 x 5

40kg TGU to the tall sit position with 5 sec holds at each stop on the way up and the way down

KTE x 10, 10, 10

I did some prying goblet squats in my warm up and my knee felt fine, no pain. Once in a great while I get a feeling like it's going to give out but it never actually does. The holds on TGU's were nice, I like that. Swings felt mostly good, I do feel my right shoulder comes unpacked. Overall I'm happy because it was the first time I swung the 40 for a workout!

5/9/18

36kg 1H Swings 10 x 10
I didn't set a timer but looked at the clock when I started and when I finished, it was under 9 minutes! I was happy about that because I didn't feel like I really was pushing hard at all.

32kg DBKBFS 5, 5, 5

Farmers carry with 32kg's 2:15

Belt Squat 90 x 10, 180 x 8, 10, 10 - this was fun

Hanging leg raises 10, 8, 6

I'm happy the knee pain thing is over and the ridiculous stress levels are over (for now) so it was nice to get back to some leg training. My gym got this new belt squat machine and I fell in love with it today. It allows you to do deep squats without any spinal loading. I will be working it in more for sure. All in all a great day today.

5/10/18 'PR Thursday'

Interesting story. I went to the gym thinking I'd just do some hypertrophy work. I got there and the place was empty, they were cranking some good music, and I felt great after a warm-up so I called an audible.

TGU
32kg x R, L
40kg x R, L
44kg x R, L
48kg x R, 1/2 L --- PR!! Only 1/2 a rep on the left side because I had to bail on the way down from lunge to the hip hinge portion. I'm ok with it, because that 48kg is a scary looking KB! I'm looking forward to spending more time with her even though probably not for a while.

a1) DB BP 75 x 10, 10, 8
a2) Face Pull 70 x 12, 12, 12

Seated Row 130 x 10, 150 x 10, 170 x 10

Seated Calf Raise 90lbs 3x12

5/13/18

40kg 1H Swings 10 x 6

40kg TGU EMOM for 6.... I dropped the 6th one and finished out the remaining 4 with no timer. I'm not ready to push the pace yet on 40kg TGU's.

DB bicep curls and calf raises to finish off.

5/16/18

36kg 1H Swings 10 x 10
Didn't set a timer but loosely watched the clock. 8 minutes!

DBKBFS 32kg x 5, 5, 5

Farmer Carry 32kg's for 2:30

Janda situps 1 x 10

Hip Belt Squat 180 x 10, 230 x 10, 270 x 10 -- I absolutely love this exercise.

My knee is not 100%. It's not in pain but just feels a little unsteady. I think it's the DBKBFS so I will refrain from those and see if it improves. Overall happy with todays session.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom