all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S - A+A - Q&D - Repeat

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mikhael

Level 9 Valued Member
Hi, StrongFirst Family!

I was thinking about A+A and Q&D, and rotating those programs with my currently following S&S. When it comes to S&S I'm using 40 kg bell in One-Arm Swing and Tactical Get up, but to follow A+A I will have to switch to @32 bell.
What do you think about changing S&S to From Simple To Serious Endurance for 6 weeks, and than to Q&D with @40, and than back to S&S?

Will be appreciate for any suggestions and thoughts.

I think that would work for you just fine. Something I did late last Spring/early Summer was to run Q&D on Monday's and Friday's and A&A on Wednesday and Saturday. The Friday Q&D session was usually only 2-4 rounds so as not to take away from Saturday's A&A session.

I think that would work for you just fine. Something I did late last Spring/early Summer was to run Q&D on Monday's and Friday's and A&A on Wednesday and Saturday. The Friday Q&D session was usually only 2-4 rounds so as not to take away from Saturday's A&A session.
So, you are suggesting to follow Q&D along with A+A? That's good idea. Will consider it. Thx.

I thought it would be better to do Q&D first for mitochondrial production then A+A to improve their function. Just what I thought I read from Pavel and here in the forum. I’m doing S&S right now then 12 weeks of Q&D then 6 weeks of A+A before a OCR race I have. I would love some feedback on this protocol

I thought it would be better to do Q&D first for mitochondrial production then A+A to improve their function. Just what I thought I read from Pavel and here in the forum. I’m doing S&S right now then 12 weeks of Q&D then 6 weeks of A+A before a OCR race I have. I would love some feedback on this protocol
This is in line with Pavel's recommendations in Q&D, so I think it is worth a shot.

When I was running this last year I did swings with the 36 for the A&A portion for between 16-22 rounds, 5 EMOM. I used my 24 for 2/10 with Q&D, usually in the 3-4 round range, every other week on Monday I may do 5-6 rounds if I felt good. The volume was never a problem for me but I tend to get bored easily and really liked the variety.

When I was running this last year I did swings with the 36 for the A&A portion for between 16-22 rounds, 5 EMOM. I used my 24 for 2/10 with Q&D, usually in the 3-4 round range, every other week on Monday I may do 5-6 rounds if I felt good. The volume was never a problem for me but I tend to get bored easily and really liked the variety.
I get bored easily as well but I want to give all 3 a shot to see how they work individually and as a group so I’m going to power through and follow the programs. I’ll add in a few Strength and LISS workouts with Q&D and A+A so I guess that’s where my variety will come from. I’m mostly interest in endurance right now

One of the things I thought about after I complete Victorious I & II is doing 8-12 week blocks of performing the Strongfirst C&J plan 3x per week with pulls ups on the other days and then alternating with a block A&A snatches with the bent press on other days. 4 of my favorite movements, all bases are covered.

I routinely rotate those 3 programs.. the order I use is kind of a periodized approach

Heavy A+A swings x5 OTM ->
Then take that same heavy weight for 5s and do S&S for 10s ->
Then take that weight (obviously stronger at this point) and try and add more power with it via Q&D

I usually spend 6-8 weeks per protocol

I add in some tgu's or a few 1H kb presses (15-20 total reps per arm on presses and around 2-4 reps per on the tgu)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom