all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S Advice

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chr1s

First Post
Hi,

I am a fan of Pavel Tsatoulines S&S workout. I have purchased the book. I have a question in regards to splitting up the workout. My idea is to do the kettlebell swings in the morning and the get ups in the night. Essentially splitting up the workout.

Could you please advise if it will still be effective or if it looses it's effectiveness when the workout is not done as a whole.

Regards,
Chris

Hi,

I am a fan of Pavel Tsatoulines S&S workout. I have purchased the book. I have a question in regards to splitting up the workout. My idea is to do the kettlebell swings in the morning and the get ups in the night. Essentially splitting up the workout.

Could you please advise if it will still be effective or if it looses it's effectiveness when the workout is not done as a whole.

Regards,
Chris
I believe people have done this. In the newer BJJ protocol it has an option to split swings and get ups to separate days even. It would be wise to train it together if you ever want to hit a timed standard, but for base strength and conditioning it should be fine. I personally like splitting it up, and am doing something similar with ROP rn. Instead of having ballistics at the end of my c&p session, i usually push it to the next day instead of a variety day. One negative could be losing the push/pull symmetry, or even the ballistic/grind combo, all of that is getting beyond me though.

I did this for probably half of my sessions up until I started dabbling with the 48kg. It worked pretty well for me.

However, as the weight got heavier I found doing the TGUs cold much more challenging and I definitely felt less confident and in control. The swings are a great warm up for heavy TGUs and make the weight feel MUCH lighter. Warmup reps with lighter weight would obviously help but I was usually squeezing these into short breaks at work and just jumping in cold. Not ideal but I never missed a rep (other than that one time...).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom