all posts post new thread

Nutrition S&S and hunger

• Thread starter Deleted member 316
  • Start date
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

Since I've buttoned down and am committed to S&S after my long work days, my hunger has gone through the roof. Trying to keep it pretty clean. Lots of steak and eggs. When i feel the extra need potatoes. The staff at the motel restaurant are just dumbfounded. Started taking more protein shakes too.

I found as I moved up the KBs (I'm now using 32 and 40 Kg bells) I needed to eat more. I don't follow any diet (anymore), but try to eat by common sense.

Quote:

Steve Rogers: Doctor Banner, now might be a good time for you to get angry.
Bruce Banner: That's my secret, Captain: I'm always angry.
[Banner hulks out and punches the Leviathan]

End of quote.

My variation: I'm always hungry.

Thinking about having a bowl of oatmeal just before bed. Or maybe the breakfast meal the motel has which is steak eggs hash browns and pancakes just before bed. Lots of carbs and protein.

I am always more hungry the day after my swing practice. That makes me wating to believe in EPOC?! Although...eh..no, not really?!

S&S made me eat, ravenously. I've switched to ROP and I'm nowhere near as hungry which surprised me at first, until my first heavy day. Then, I become deranged and go on a zombie food rampage. Overall though, I ate more on S&S than on ROP. Good though, inn'it!

Depends on your goals really. You wanna get ripped and have the look like a model, then dont eat and keep training. How ever, if you wanna get stronger, then eat like you mean it.

yes - hunger is unshakeable and it happened at similar level in S&S - when i switched from 32 to 40 - also when i started KBStrong with C&Ps - i couldnt walk by food without scarfing it down and saw food everywhere i went - like the old fat and skinny cartoons where they get stranded on the desert island and fat looks at skinny and see's a hot dog, skinny looks at fat and see's a hamburger - the urge for food has been uncontrollable.

Another week of eatingeatingeating....where does all the appetite come from :oops:? I ate like a man *lol*.
I must be on a carb-high, sorry. Thinking about buying a t-shirt saying "carbs". Saw it in a store and thought it would be a statement. Against the trend. Everyone turns vegan, I started eating meat again.:eek:

Next week less food and no childish posts.
Have a nice evening:)

Does the t-shirt say "carbs" down across the belly? that's where mine end up....haha

Sorry to ask a new question on this thread, but how have people managed their diet and had success progressing with S&S?

I had initial success but trying to eat clean and making further progress has been difficult. Any advice?

Sorry to ask a new question on this thread, but how have people managed their diet and had success progressing with S&S?

I had initial success but trying to eat clean and making further progress has been difficult. Any advice?

Where are you stalled, and how are you eating? "Eat more protein and more fiber (in the form of vegetables and maybe fruit)" is generally good advice for everyone. But my experience, unlike some others in this thread, is that S&S hasn't been particularly food-sensitive for me. I've done fine eating a lot, and I've done fine on a half-hearted Warrior Diet (most calories coming around dinner). But everyone is different.

Andrew, I lost quite a bit of weight eating at a caloric deficit while working with 32kg, but found that I hit a wall around 40kg. Eating healthy should not impact it negatively. What are you eating like, and where are you at?

I can meet the time standard with the 24, but have some trouble with the 32 most because of my lack of grip strength. I eat some scrambled eggs and a banana for breakfast, usually a garden salad for lunch, and some meat, vegetables, and potatoes for dinner. I have gone from 240 to 230 in the past month but my energy levels and performance in my workouts has been inconsistent. Maybe my body is just adjusting, or maybe I am losing weight too quickly and that is causing my lower energy when training.

Last edited:
side note I am 6'0" and trying to get down to around 210-215 because I feel less athletic when I got up to 235-240.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom