all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S and MAF formula

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Laurent

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello everyone, during s & s swings I cannot respect the formula of MAF (180- age). Is it a problem ? because the maximum must be 132 and I regularly arrive at 150 .....
Thanks

Not a problem.

+1. Not a problem at all.

May I ask, where did you get the impression that your HR during S&S swings should stay below MAF HR? You're not the first... I just wondered where that's coming from currently.

I don’t see it as a ’problem’, even in light of that article.

I don’t normally use an HRM for S&S, but based on some recent conversations on some other threads I thought I would try it for a while. Just as I suspected... I routinely am well below my AeT doing swings (16-28)

in an Al Campia article on StrongFirst.com

Oh, OK, yes, it does say that pretty clearly in the article. FWIW, the HR training with kettlebells turned out to be not quite that reliable (especially the need to limit the peaks). Some time after that article, Al moved away from that concept and talked about it in the StrongFirst Podcast episode: Podcast Episode #14: Al Ciampa | StrongFirst

Oh, OK, yes, it does say that pretty clearly in the article. FWIW, the HR training with kettlebells turned out to be not quite that reliable (especially the need to limit the peaks). Some time after that article, Al moved away from that concept and talked about it in the StrongFirst Podcast episode: Podcast Episode #14: Al Ciampa | StrongFirst
thank you all for your feedback and thank you Anna for the podcast ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom