all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S and Travel

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Paul_O

Level 1 Valued Member
What's a good workout to do when traveling and you don't have access to kettlebells to do S&S?

1) If dumbbells are available, would it be okay to do swings and TGUs with those? Or would it mess with your form, or cause injury because the weight is not offset?
2) If no weights are available, what exercises and sets/reps do you recommend?

What's a good workout to do when traveling and you don't have access to kettlebells to do S&S?

1) If dumbbells are available, would it be okay to do swings and TGUs with those? Or would it mess with your form, or cause injury because the weight is not offset?
2) If no weights are available, what exercises and sets/reps do you recommend?
Welcome...

1) You certainly can use DB's. I have, but to be honest I don't like it. It does take some getting use to.
2) NW is the classic go-to when equipment isn't available (along with various mobility protocols)
3) Do locomotive aerobic stuff (run/walk/etc)
4) Depending upon the duration of your travels don't do much of anything and don't stress about it.

Reactions: jef
There was a similar thread some time ago. Check the search engine.

Apart from NW mentioned above, Pawel Macek recommends crawling for keeping the TGU movement/tension skills.

I like doing NW when on holidays. If you do it a few times a year only, it’s a good measuring stick for progress coming from kB/bb training.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom