all posts post new thread

Kettlebell s&s beginner question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

arielbe

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello,
I have just "discovered" S&S and it looks great!
From what I read in "Enter the Kettlebell" I understand that low-rep (5-10) swings is the way to to the swings, but at the summary of S&S Pavel recommends high-rep swings.
also, I read the workbook by Anthony DiLuglio, RKC and the protocol there is increasing the number of swings each week. (20-30 reps per set)
so, my question is: is S&S is a high or low rep protocol?
should I do 20-30 swings per set?
Thank you and sorry if I get it all mixed up
Ariel

Welcome to the forum!

Depends. The "per session" reps are high(ish) at 100 reps per session, but you do those in sets of 10, so you never go above the 5-10 guidance in EtK. I haven't read the DiLuglio book, but S&S 2e is the third rendition of the basic protocol laid out in EtK, and as such, is the most current.

Hello,
I have just "discovered" S&S and it looks great!
From what I read in "Enter the Kettlebell" I understand that low-rep (5-10) swings is the way to to the swings, but at the summary of S&S Pavel recommends high-rep swings.
also, I read the workbook by Anthony DiLuglio, RKC and the protocol there is increasing the number of swings each week. (20-30 reps per set)
so, my question is: is S&S is a high or low rep protocol?
should I do 20-30 swings per set?
Thank you and sorry if I get it all mixed up
Ariel
S&S works it way up to 5 sets of 10 one-arm swings per arm (100 swings total per session)

happy to tell you that I have just finished my first day at S&S.
it was great!
bought the updated book and followed the protocol (10x10, 5x1) and I have a few questions:
I did my swings with 16kg (35lb.?) and it went very good. I didn't need more than a few sec. to rest between hands and sets.
should I move to heavier KB or stay with this one for the first 4 weeks?
as for the TGU, 16kg was too heavy and I did it with 8kg. it was very good and also didn't need much rest.
should I'll try with the 16kg again? try middle weight?

thanks a lot! you are a great community
Ariel

Ariel, do you have the book? There's so much more to it than 10x10 swings and 10 get-ups... I'd recommend getting the revised and updated version, either kindle, print, or Audible!

Hi Anna
Thanks for your reply
Yes,I did get it today, and follow the simple protocle.
Of course, I read also the progression part for each exercise

I didn't need more than a few sec. to rest between hands and sets.
should I move to heavier KB or stay with this one for the first 4 weeks?
as for the TGU, 16kg was too heavy and I did it with 8kg. it was very good and also didn't need much rest.
should I'll try with the 16kg again? try middle weight?
Trust the process. Give yourself a couple of weeks with the Get Up without worrying about weight, just practicing it mindfully with 8kg, a shoe and some partial TGUs with the 16 kg.

What is your experience with hardstyle swings?

Sounds like your swings might need to be more powerful.

Also make sure to reread the book very carefully every now and then. There are so many details that are easy to miss.

Thank you Bauer
I wiil read more carefully ans continue as you suggested.
I have done some swings now and than but not much expierienced. I come from bodyweight gymnadtics.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom