all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S: Beyond the beast

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Football Bat

Level 2 Valued Member
Hey for those of you who can hit the time standards with the beast and beyond how long did it take you to own your previous bells?

According to my logs it took me only a few days to master the 16kg
Then a couple of weeks with the 24
Then about 2 months with the 32
And I've just now started on the Beast after 4 months with the 40kg

What about you guys?

Swings:

It took me 7 months to get from 28 kg to 48 and "Sinister" standards, i.e. 100 one hand swings with the Beast in 5 minutes.

Get-ups:

Still on the road to the Beast - after 12 months I am working on 40/44 right now.

Please check out my training log Repeat Until Strong, and wait for my article about my SAS journey.

Haha! Wish I could say it was all talent but I spent a long time building up a 2.4x bodyweight backsquat before switching to kettlebells.

And damn Pavel. That's impressive at any bodyweight, but at 68kg I think we can all agree you're a freak :D

EDIT: What brand are those kettlebells btw?

Last edited:
My face after watching Pavel 1H swing his bodyweight: :eek:

That's amazing! Very inspirational...let's me know that even though the 32 seems impossible now, I can get there (and beyond) if I keep working.

@Football Bat Kettlebell Fever - used to. Half of the bells we got were ok, half rusty, with chips, unfortunately very poor quality, so they stopped producing them I think.

Btw. we have 92 kg bell in our gym.

Hey for those of you who can hit the time standards with the beast and beyond how long did it take you to own your previous bells?

According to my logs it took me only a few days to master the 16kg
Then a couple of weeks with the 24
Then about 2 months with the 32
And I've just now started on the Beast after 4 months with the 40kg

What about you guys?

I think that's remarkable progress. Is S&S all you did during this time? How many sessions per week?

Well a 2.4 bodyweight shows talent in my book! Props to you, @Football Bat!

On the 203 pounds kettlebell: Coach Cambio, another one for which I'm questioning the materials he's made of, has a video on his (awesome) YouTube channel where he swings some monster bells, one of which is a 92 kg. It has a really tiny handle compared to the actual size of the bell, it's really cute. Also, I believe I saw Ollie Quinn doing a pretty astonishig thing in a video of an even heavier bell. Imma go find 'em.

Here is Mr. Cambio swinging Planet size kettlebells easier than I can with a pair of 24 kg.

And here's Mr. Quinn showing why he's winning TSCs after TSCs.

Oliver Quinn has been one of my first finds, and I still stand speechless in front of his efforts: the guy is an absolute machine!

I think that's remarkable progress. Is S&S all you did during this time? How many sessions per week?

I had a solid squat and deadlift before I quit barbells due to back pain. Anyway I did nothing but S&S 7 days a week starting out. Then when I hit the 40 I had to cut it back to every other day until I adapted. Now I'm working the beast in for 1 to 2 reps per side every other day and I'll start ramping it up over time.

Well a 2.4 bodyweight shows talent in my book! Props to you, @Football Bat!
And here's Mr. Quinn showing why he's winning TSCs after TSCs.

Weapon X has escaped confinement! Send a team immediately!

@MattM I'd like to see in person that double kettlebell snatch he shows in his SFG II techniques video just to witness that lock out. The way he stops the movement at the top is just unbelievable. Plus, if someone wants to see what crawling means, I suggest watching his video where he teaches it for Spartan Race: I think that for movies productions hire people really good with the computer to do what he does with his body. But again: I'm questioning the fact that he's made of flesh and bones.

@Football Bat your comment is priceless! :D:D:D:D:D

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom