all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed S&S bridges?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

the hansenator

Level 6 Valued Member
I've been wondering, in the S&S style bridges where you hold something between the knees, what is the reason for that? I understand it's a mobility exercise but I haven't seen that variation outside of S&S.

Hello,

I see it as a 'self awareness' drill, which is part of the full tension principles.

You use it when you lift something up. One does not want the knees to go sideways during a swing, a clean, etc... It secures a proper harmstrings/quads position. Then, there is a better transfer of force from the ground to the upper body.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I've been wondering, in the S&S style bridges where you hold something between the knees, what is the reason for that? I understand it's a mobility exercise but I haven't seen that variation outside of S&S.

Squeeze a pair of cushy shoes—the kind I do not recommend for lifting—between your knees. This will force you to brace your abs and to extend your hips instead of overarching your lower back.

Tsatsouline, Pavel. Kettlebell Simple & Sinister: Revised and Updated Edition . StrongFirst, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom