all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S by accident

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I’m due for an X-ray on my elbow on Monday. Minor issue when locking out hard, and it’s very sensitive. I can’t put weight on it without pain. Honestly minor, but the TGU’s aggravate it so I’m getting it looked at. Swings are fine

I’m going to work on the Cook drill for a bit until I know what’s up with my elbow. Doc is thinking a spur. I can deal with it now at 16kg getups ( the roll to elbow is where it hurts ), but I’m worried at heavier weights it may hurt badly while I have 24kg overhead. Not great. Plus, it’s been like this for a few years now. I had a similar thing on my left elbow years ago. Put up with it, but when I finally had surgery I kicked myself for not doing it earlier.

I did all my 32kg swings one handed this morning. Been struggling with one handed 32 swings, but have just been adding some sets and then doing a session of only 2 handed. This morning, I set aside an hour and was going to aim for 6 sets one handed, which I’ve just started being able to do. Had heaps of rest between and after set 6, thought I’d go for 8 sets. After 8 I got excited and did all 10 sets one handed. Took a while but I’m pretty happy with that !

My Xmas present weighs 36kg haha. I was tempted by the 40, but jeez, that’s a big jump. There are so many different kb workout plans and styles, but I plan to keep plain old S&S as my main exercise of the week, and add different things in. Getups are a bit dicey at the moment so I’m doing Soju and Tuba as it doesn’t bug my elbow. If I’m not too busy I’m also doing the KB mile.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom