all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S-Circling back after 4 months off

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tobrien

Level 4 Valued Member
I plan to start S&S again after taking the past 4 months off. I was still training the past 4 months (6 weeks of Craig Marker's Hybrid Power Conditioning Program 3x/week + Powerlifting 3x/week, followed by 10 weeks of Hybrid Performance Powerlifting Program (powerlifting/bodybuilding, no conditioning)). While on Marker's program I was using the 40 for 2H swings. The last time I did S&S I had hit the Simple standard for swings and was performing all of my swings with the 40 and was working on compressing the time. For the TGUs I had hit the Sinister standard and was working with the 48 for all of my TGUs.

Where should I start again? I don't think I should go back to the 24 because I am currently at my strongest and feel that wouldn't be enough of a load.

I was thinking of starting with the 32 for both swings and TGUs. and starting at 5x10/10 and 5x1 without any break in period. Should I start lighter/slower?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would go with what feels good. maybe start layout your kettlebells 24, 32 and 40kg alternate between sets and see how it feels. same with TGU's. strength wise you should more then fine but re-groving the movements may take a day or three. id let your body dictate were to start.

I would go with what feels good. maybe start layout your kettlebells 24, 32 and 40kg alternate between sets and see how it feels. same with TGU's. strength wise you should more then fine but re-groving the movements may take a day or three. id let your body dictate were to start.
+1

You may have lost technique in the meantime. It might be worthwhile to do the first day with the 24, the second with the 32 and see how you feel.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom