S&S + ESE + Slow Carb

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by Wesker11, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Sean M

Sean M Quadruple-Digit Post Count

I am doing something similar: S&S 3-4 days a week, 18-20 hour fast 5-6 days a week (eating only from 3 or 4 pm to 7-8 pm), 24 hours without restrictions on the weekend. During the week I eat low-glycemic - avoid bread/flour and sugar (except 2-3 pieces of raw fruit a week, not counting "Faturday"). I have completed 3 months of it and am down 25 pounds and from ~30% body fat to 21%.

Curious - do you train on the fasted days? If so, do you find your energy/strength varies whether fed or fasted? My energy sucks if I don't eat before training (I break my fast usually with nuts in the afternoon, dinner at 5-5:30, then train at 7 with a second helping of dinner after training). If for some reason I put off dinner and train relatively fasted, my strength is shot comparatively.

damogari likes this.
  2. Wesker11

Wesker11 More than 300 posts

The first 2 months I did three close to 24 hour fasts. I say close because sometimes I don't stop eating/drinking until late some Saturday evenings, so they end up being 20ish hours. On this 2 month period I did one 20ish hour fast always after my cheat day. I also did 2 shorter fasts on Wednesdays and Fridays. On the weekday fasts I would stop eating the previous night at 6 and resume at noon the next day. So they would end up being 18 hours.

This time around I did not train fasted. I always took Sunday off from S&S and always ate before my afternoon sessions during the week.

The first 2 month period I did train fasted. I did not have any issues with energy, but I did train in the mornings the first 2 months. The last 2 months I have been training in the afternoon. Congrats on your weight loss. 9% is really good for 3 months, keep it up!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  3. taro

taro Triple-Digit Post Count

Hi!
    I started slow carb diet.
    What effects did you get?

How are you doing now?