all posts post new thread

Nutrition S&S + ESE + Slow Carb

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Wesker11

Level 5 Valued Member
Just finished up 2 months of the above. I read the 4 Hour Body a couple months ago, liked the diet, and thought I would combine it with a couple days of fasting. At the same time I also started up S&S again.

I took Ferris's suggestion from his book and had my body comp measured via BodPod. In 2 months I dropped 4% body fat and gained almost 2 lbs of muscle. This is also with having crazy cheat days as Ferris recommends. My strength is increasing as I have already started doing TGU's with the 32Kg. I have been slacking on my log, but not my training. I train S&S most every day as I've probably only taken 2-3 days off on the past 2 months.

I plan to continue on with the goal of getting under 12% bf while hitting the simple goal. I believe S&S was a big part of my results which is why I wanted to make this post. Also would like to recommend getting body comp measured. It gives great peace of mind to know your training/diet are spot on and are furthering your goals. It's easy to get lost among all the diets and programs.

Attached a pic of my BodPod results. Hope this helps someone with their goals!

Attachments

• IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 57
Hello,

@Wesker11
Very good results. They came pretty fast.

Could you explain a little this diet ? (if you have time and if it does not spoil the book too much of course !)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Thanks @pet'.

The diet is based on minimizing insulin response. You can practically get the entire diet by googling "slow carb diet". Basically all your carbs come from vegetables and legumes. Then one day a week you can have a cheat day and by cheat day.....I mean CHEAT day. I routinely took in 4000+ cals on my cheat days. I ate donuts, candy, fried food, and drank plenty of beer yet still managed to loss over 4% bf in two months. The cheat helps reset your leptin levels so your body does not go into "starvation" mode.

That being said, I attribute my success to the extra fasts and doing S&S nearly every day.

Hello,

This diet sounds pretty interesting from what I read on the wikipedia article !
Slow-Carb Diet - Wikipedia

I think the scientific basis is similar to the keto diet (low insulin response)

Do you frequently switch between ESE and SC ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Yes, a typical week for me looks like this....

Sunday - fast
Monday - slow carb
Tuesday - slow carb
Wednesday - fast
Thursday - slow carb
Friday - fast
Saturday - binge

For the next 2 months I'm going to drop one fast day and add bcaa's with grass fed whey 3 times a day.

@masa, it's going great. Thanks for asking. Last week I dropped down to an all time low of 149lbs. I'm almost down 2 full notches on my belt since I started.

My strength is increasing as I am making progress in S&S. I hit 90 swings in 5 minutes with the 24Kg the last time I tested. I can do the TGU's with 24Kg in time and I am working in the 32Kg for the TGU.

In about 6 weeks I plan to go have another measurement with the BodPod. I have changed a few variables. More protein and BCAA's mostly. I am still fasting a couple times a week and eating like a pig on Saturdays!

I will post my results in 6 weeks.

@Wesker11 thanks for your information. Good to know that things are running smoothly. Thumps up for the rest of the 6 weeks.

Interesting. In the past few months I started using BCAA and taking more WHEY during my day. Switched from 2 days of ESE fasting to 5 days Mon-Fri 18/6 fasting and then SAT/SUN I just try to eat healthy but allowing for Pizza/Burgers/ETC

Lost another 1" on my waist while gaining 8lbs of muscle.

Hello,

@Wesker11
Ah no you are not supposed to be tired. It is even the contrary ! This means your body reacts pretty well ;) . I simply asked because sometimes, some people get tired or whatever because their body has to adapt.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Had my next measurement. I am down another 4% body fat, down to 12.8%. I did not gain any muscle this time around. There was a slight gain, but it was negligible. I am very happy with the fat loss, I expected it to slow down and it clearly has not. A little disappointed with no muscle gain, but I shouldn't be.

In my last post I said I was working in the 32kg, but I decided to hold off and get better with the 24kg. So it is not surprising that I haven't gained any muscle since I've stayed with the 24kg. I have hit the time limit several times with the 24kg and I am now 100% working the 32kg in. Hopefully before the next 2 months past, the 32kg will be my main working bell. I definitely gained a lot of strength the past 2 months.

As I said before, I expected my fat loss to slow down. My Saturday cheat days have gotten ridiculous. I have a tendency to overdue things and this has been no exception. I am going to tone it down a bit. Here was my last Saturday.

Donuts, mini cinnamon rolls, chocolate milk
Grilled cheese sandwich, chips, pb cups
4 beers, M&Ms
Dinner at place that specializes in Fried chicken - chicken noodle soup, shrimp appetizer, 3-4 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade cinnamon rolls
Cheesecake when I got home

I am very curious to see how the next 2 months play out. Surely I won't lose another 4%. That would put me at 8% bodyfat. That's elite athlete level if I'm not mistaken. I will update in another 2 months.

Hello,

@Wesker11
You are doing a pretty nice job !

I am down another 4% body fat, down to 12.8%. I did not gain any muscle this time around
Maybe you did not strictly gain muscle, but maybe you have improved your lean mass / total mass. Indeed, if you maintained the same muscle mass, but lost weight, then you did a great job because you lost fat only. This is an advantage if you go for pull ups, push ups, etc... basically all the things for the ones you are moving (comparing to a deadlift for instance, because it that case you stay immobile).

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Wesker11
You are doing a pretty nice job !

Maybe you did not strictly gain muscle, but maybe you have improved your lean mass / total mass. Indeed, if you maintained the same muscle mass, but lost weight, then you did a great job because you lost fat only. This is an advantage if you go for pull ups, push ups, etc... basically all the things for the ones you are moving (comparing to a deadlift for instance, because it that case you stay immobile).

Kind regards,

Pet'
Good job @Wesker11! I would echo @pet' - "normal" weight loss is fat and lean issue together (becoming a smaller version of yourself), so losing just fat while maintaining lean tissue (and maintaining strength as evidenced by your lift maintenance) is actually very good.

Thanks all for the comments. I am not disappointed in the results at all, just a little greedy I guess. :)

I am very interested to see what the body composition changes will be once the 32kg is my full time bell.

Those are some very impressive results! Very, very nice!

How exactly do you go about your fast? If you, for example, fast on Tuesdays, do you go completely without food from Monday evening to Wednesday morning?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom