all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S & S heavy light medium

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

nish1013

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi Guys ,

Do we have a concept of heavy light medium days in S & S ?

I’m in extremely beginner level , only do two hand swings using either 32kg or 20kg and half getups using 8kg.

I do practice everyday. if I feel some what fatigue then I switch to 20kg . Some days switch between 32kg and 20kg in sets . If I feel great all sets using 32kg.

Not sure this is the right way to do that . But every day I feel great

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Waviness is only introduced after achieving Timeless Simple.

Please check S&S 2.0 for more info about the step cycle progression of S&S. “If you don’t have heavy days then you don’t need light days.”

That being said, you are of course free to do anything you want. It just might not be S&S anymore, but S&Sish. Same but different is still a valid approach.

Ride the Wave: How to Program for Progress | StrongFirst

Hi Guys ,

I’m in extremely beginner level , only do two hand swings using either 32kg or 20kg and half getups using 8kg.

I do practice everyday. if I feel some what fatigue then I switch to 20kg . Some days switch between 32kg and 20kg in sets . If I feel great all sets using 32kg.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

I like to wave the volume. A sweet spot for me is 60 reps on swings done daily, sometimes 80 or 100.The full 100 reps on One-hand swings demands me to take the next day easy by doing 2handed. Which is why i introduced waviness in my routine.

Waviness through intensity for me is achieved by changing from one hand swing to two hand swing. Obviously 2hand swings are easier on the grip.

I would recommend you to stick with a kettlebell of a certain weight, like 24kg. And start introducing hand-2-hand swings and later on One-hand swings. With a frequency of 4 to 6 times a week.

Hi Guys ,

Any thoughts?

Thank you

I have done it, before achieving simple, but due to time constraints. I was a bit more advanced than you, doing 1HS with 24. I just did 100/150/200 reps as L/M/H. Nothing too fancy.

I'd say try to stick to the written program if you can

Well said by @Bauer and @Shawn90.

Personally I found myself in this ROPish setup on S&S post Timeless Simple due to both recovery and my schedule. I can only afford to use max weights and a lot of recovery once per week on the weekend, so the other 2-3 session are either light or medium due to early morning time restricted training.

I had been in that territory a few times also while progressing between 24 and 32, but it was more my recovery forcing me to do so, rather than my planning.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom