all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S high school diploma

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrick Coffey

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi Pavel and everyone!

Long time reader. First time poster. Thanks for having me on the program!

Our local watering hole has a “Brewniversity“ rewards program for keeping track of how many different beers you drink (limit 5 per visit).

Their "degree" system is as follows:
10 beers Pledge (get a T-shirt!)
125 beers Bachelors (free mug!)
225 beers Masters
325 beers Ph.D.
575 beers Professor
750 beers Dean
1000 beers Chancellor

Just for fun, here are my best guesses about how "degrees" could apply to achieving the S&S standards (for dudes, not sure about dudettes):

16kg 35lb High School Diploma
24kg 53lb Associate’s Degree
32kg 71lb Bachelor’s Degree (Simple)
40kg 88lb Master’s Degree
48kg 106lb Ph.D. (Sinister)

What do you think? How would you grade the different KB sizes in S&S? (feel free to add other sizes to the list)

I'll be ready to test myself with the 24kg in the next few weeks, so if I pass, I'd like to think I earned a little honorary degree in giryaology, heehee.

Cheers,
Patrick

I'd rather have a photo contest for the gnarliest kettlebells, to see how abused, chipped, rusty, and "ridden hard and put away wet" people's gear is.

Or, conversely, some beautiful cerakotes buffed to a high polish.

I am not that good at kettlebells (still working on my Ph.D.) - but definitely better than in the beer department.

I am not that good at kettlebells (still working on my Ph.D.) - but definitely better than in the beer department.
When you are a nearly complete failure in the beer department like me, it's not difficult to be better at kettlebells.

-S-

unfortunately i earned my chancellors robe in brewniversity much too early in life - thankfully i have dropped out and moved on - thats not a judgement on those pursuing the upper levels of brewdom, party on, it's just no longer for me - currently working on the phd in kb - though i am finding it to be an elusive master - it seems I will have bachelors and masters in many kb subjects before i have truly earned the phd status in one (though i had the turkish get-up diploma in hand, certain life choices have dropped me back to masters level). the challenge is more than worth it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom