all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S Mobility and Cool Down versatile ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Andrej SK

Level 4 Valued Member
Hey friends, I’d like to know your honest opinion. I’m currently working out a KB program which is not StrongFirst. However, I’m not happy with the mobility (warm up) and decompension (cool down) parts of the program as they’re too complex and complicated for me. I have a good experience with SnS mobility (prying goblet squat, hallo, bridges) and cool down (2 stretching exercises) because of its straight forwardness and minimalism. Are these versatile and usable for any other KB workout or are they rather specific for SnS. I’m sure you’re getting my point. Many many thanks for answer.

Many people seem to forgo all but the goblet squats anyway. It might depend on what your KB routine is, and if you do any other mobility work at other times. Also perhaps even time of day you train

I’m sure it’s going to be just fine. Often times warmups are overrated. I wouldn’t be overly concerned...

Maybe even a light jog to get the HR elevated a bit would suffice.

I think they're good as a general warm-up for most programs, especially kettlebell programs. I add in a "kettlebell-behind-the-back" stretch in the warm up and then hip flexor, wrist/forearm, and Thoracic 3 stretches in the cool-down. Perfect for a "Do This!" mentality. Some things you might want to warm up or ramp up specifically, like presses or snatches or skill-oriented training, but you can't go wrong with the S&S complexes in my opinion. Exception to that might be heavy barbell work. For me the kettlebell complexes took mental energy away, especially on days when I needed the psych edge, when I really just wanted to ramp up using the specific lifts for the day.

Last edited:
Hey friends, I’d like to know your honest opinion. I’m currently working out a KB program which is not StrongFirst. However, I’m not happy with the mobility (warm up) and decompension (cool down) parts of the program as they’re too complex and complicated for me. I have a good experience with SnS mobility (prying goblet squat, hallo, bridges) and cool down (2 stretching exercises) because of its straight forwardness and minimalism. Are these versatile and usable for any other KB workout or are they rather specific for SnS. I’m sure you’re getting my point. Many many thanks for answer.
In my opinion: yes.

See also this nice article:

Add arm bars, hanging and maybe some yoga or Original Strength resets as needed :)

S & S warm ups work great for most training I do. My problem areas are shoulders and hips. The warm ups take care of it really well for me. If it seems like it could interfere with what I am doing I just keep the weight light.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom