all posts post new thread

S&S - my challenge for 2018

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

BREZE Antonio

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hello.

I am a French guy, living in Nantes FRANCE, 45 years, 1,78m for 76Kg, I practice quite a lot of TRX and I tried the kettlebell in autodidact, swing one and two hands, halo, squat. Without going towards the movements that I considered too dangerous to be practiced without wise advice and corrections.
I came back to discussions on S&S and decided to start on November 27,2017.

First week, Monday to Friday :
only the 100 one-handed swings (50L 50R) with a 16kg. The only one in my possession at this time. But Christmas came with a heavy gift.
A lot of research about the get up before launching me.

Second week, Monday to Friday :
100 one-handed swings (50L 50R) with 16kg always
10 getup (5D 5G) with shoe
First try of the getup with the 16kg at the end of friday session. 1 each side. Wrist placement needs to be improved.

Third week, Monday to Friday :
awakening at 5:30 a. m. by kids. No way to get back to sleep. Might as well practice...
Full session at 16kg on an empty stomach. (accustomed to running and TRX on an empty stomach.)
10 getup (5D 5G) with 16kg.

Fourth week same workout :
10 getup (5D 5G) with 16kg.

Fifth week from Monday to Saturday :
on Wednesday test of the 24 in swing 2 hands
from Friday full swing 1 hand full swing

Sixth week :
from 01/01/2018 one-handed swing 24kg OTM
getup 16kg OTM

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Thanks for moving the message, I hadn't seen the dedicated thread.

Today at the end of the session, first test of the getup at 24kg. One on each side.
Successful but I feel it's a little too much for the shoulder. I'm gonna stay on the 16kg and try it out in 24kg occasionally.

It was a good day. I was feeling it so I tried. Full 24kg session, one hand swings and getups...

today I decided to test myself with the 24kg.
test passed just in time but passed.
I progressed too fast in weight. I'm going back to 16kg. I need to improve movement.

Hi.

Stagnation with the 24th. So I try to boost the progression without heavier bell.

For today's session:

After warmup, 5 deadlift to 40 kg (16+24 two-handed )
Attempted swing but too uncertain with the two handed bells.
And then my series with the 24 which seemed a lot lighter. Hacking sensations.

For getup, 5 on the right and 5 on the left instead of alternating.

A little bit more challenging.

May the force be you.

Welcome to the forum. I have TRX too. Can you recommend any easy, minimalist and abbreviated program for the beginner?:)

A word about my S&S evolution. Still at 24kg, progressing slowly but surely.

The 100 OH swings in 5 min and 10 TGU in 10 min test is validated without suffering. I did it several times without running after the clock, without excessive fatigue to follow. Almost without a trace.

I stay at 24kg, I find that there is still to do on the cleanliness of movements. And I'll see an instructor as soon as I can.

To find the right rhythm, I launched a video of anna cannington and followed it :

@masa :
may be you could start with this : TRX Kettlebell: Iron Circuit Power

Surprise today.

Full session with 32kg since July, I tried today the Simple mode during my diet window of 16/8 intermittent fasting.

The 100 OH swings in 5 min, One minute rest and 10 TGU in 10 min test is validated. Swings are not fully hardstyle but I am happy. Reached my goal but I know that I have still a lot of work with this level.

Next week, I will learn the ROP training with instructors. Perfect timing.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom