all posts post new thread

S&S+, Judo, Kendo, Historical & Modern Fencing, Walking.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

Do you keep working on your press and / or pull ups ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

Do you keep working on your press and / or pull ups ?

Kind regards,

Pet'
I’ve actually been pretty sick the past two weeks so I’ve only done the minimum S&S routine with the 32. I noticed that when I did pullups and presses, I could handle S&S easily with the 40kg. I’m feeling a bit better today so I might restart my ROP add-on exercises.

On Monday I am going to restart kendo which I haven’t done for maybe 2 years.

I've started doing the swings mixing in the 32 and 40 kg kettlebells. I'm doing the getups with only the 40 though.

@Kozushi
How did the kendo practice go?
Very well. Because of one year of S&S which I’m now doing with the 40kg I was much better at kendo than I was before. I also had no problem handling the volume of exercise, it being a full 2 hour session. Also, my aim and technique were much better than before. Strength really does matter for every sport, and it matters very much, and S&S gives the kind of balance between pure strength and explosive mobility that’s needed it seems for sports.

Hello,

@Kozushi
So you are into judo, kendo and S&S, right ? How do you manage that in terms of recovery / intensity ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Kozushi
So you are into judo, kendo and S&S, right ? How do you manage that in terms of recovery / intensity ?

Kind regards,

Pet'
The last time I did judo was in June last year. I just restarted kendo yesterday after a 2 year hiatus. I feel fine today. My rule is that I do not do S&S on days when I’m involved in another intense workout like kendo or judo.

I've been resting this week due to an "upper respiratory infection" which isn't serious thank God but it's been bad enough to keep me from sleeping properly and from going to work for a few days. The nurse said to rest, so I'm doing that. I'm afraid to do S&S for fear that it will hold back my recovery, although I'd like to do it! Frustrating!

Walking for over 75 minutes is great exercise. I can often motivate myself to walk when I can’t to lift weights, and it is great stuff.

I did ALL 100 swings with the 40 2 handed yesterday. I hadn't done the whole thing all with 2 handed swings for a long time. I did most of the 100 in sets of 20-30. This is my take on the "wrestling the kettlebell" part of S&S. Then of course I did my getups.

What I noticed doing no 1 handed swings at all is that the getups are easier, and that I'm a bit sorer than normal overall - I guess because I'm not used to doing all the swings as the higher-impact 2 handed swings.

I'm looking forward to NOT doing all the swings 2 handed today. Doing them 1 handed slows them down a bit and is a bit easier on your lower back and abs it seems.

Bastardized S&S with the 40 suits me very well. The 2h swings are a great ballistic, cardio-vascular, aerobic workout, and the TGUs while of course continuing the cardio-vascular challenge are the slow grind that adds the structural and asymmetrical strength to my body. I feel the "buzz" all day, and I'm a tank! I'm loving it!

Hello,

@Kozushi
Do you still work on your press ?

Kind regards,

Pet'
I do several sets of 2 C&P per side with the 32 whenever I feel like it. Last night for instance I did some immediately after finishing my S&S workout.

I really don't think that a press can be left out of a real weight lifter's repertoire. There is a floor press at the start the TGU movement, but an overhead press is a magical movement that strengthens up everything.

I'm doing it all single handedly now with the 40 kg. FINALLY! It's much better than 2 handed. I'm thrilled! My mid section is thinning out very vast and very nicely thanks to the 1 handed swings!

What I'm using the 2h swings for now is for add-on work after I'm done S&S if I want more exercise.

Okay, this is weird. I'm the same weight as always, 100-101kg, but even though I'm often missing workouts these days because I'm sick, I'm not looking flabby, and when I do an S&S workout again, the muscles fill out again quite nicely. It's as if my system has adapted to the workout.

I'm quite curious about the ROP programme but even if it's "better" for strength, it seems more delicate to manage whereas S&S is much less of a problem to schedule. I think I'm going to get started on some moderate pressing though, probably to start with with the 24kg bell.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom