all posts post new thread

S&S+, Judo, Kendo, Historical & Modern Fencing, Walking.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Dang. I only have the 1.0 book. Is it linear progression with military presses or going by feel?
Hey Masa, I'm reading something called "The Saga of the Volsungs" right now. It's followed by "The Saga of Ragnar Lothbrock". Very enjoyable, and seems to contain a lot of Norse wisdom and lore.

Hey Masa, I'm reading something called "The Saga of the Volsungs" right now. It's followed by "The Saga of Ragnar Lothbrock". Very enjoyable, and seems to contain a lot of Norse wisdom and lore.
Hey, thanks for the recommendation. Sounds interesting. I’ll check it out.

Daheim is great! I've been listening to Skapanir on repeat. Also check out Heilung, especially Krigsgaldr.
I have been listening to a lot of one of Heilung's songs - the video where they are among the ancient stones. My gosh, it is like I've found my spiritual home! I need to listen to the Krigsgaldr too! Haven't yet!

Yep, I’m a huge Danheim fan. Check out Wardruna. It’s great too.
Yes, there are several amazing musical ensembles from different Northern countries making music based on the Viking Age and Iron Age. I'm just starting to become aware of how much there is out there!

On another note, I've "formally" started learning Old English (Anlgo-Saxon) today, and I plan to continue this with learning Old Norse, which is supposed to be very close to Old English. Then I can read the sagas etc in the original Viking language.

I am going to buy a 28kg (or 60lbs) kettlebell. I'm feeling that the 24 for my light days is just a wee bit too light. Still, going every day at 32kg is a bit too heavy: I get a bit sore, need longer rests between sets than I want to have etc...

Yes, there are several amazing musical ensembles from different Northern countries making music based on the Viking Age and Iron Age. I'm just starting to become aware of how much there is out there!

On another note, I've "formally" started learning Old English (Anlgo-Saxon) today, and I plan to continue this with learning Old Norse, which is supposed to be very close to Old English. Then I can read the sagas etc in the original Viking language.
I have a lot of relatives in Norway. I'm planning to learn Old Norse too.

I have a lot of relatives in Norway. I'm planning to learn Old Norse too.
You already speak English so it shouldn't be hard. Old Norse and Old English are basically the same language. But Finnish is totally different. You are a genius to have mastered English!

I'm liking the 28kg bell! I did S&S with it for the first time today, and it feels just right for me at the moment! It's a perfect S&S session!

I can speak and write some Swedish, because it's our other mother tongue here in Finland. It's pretty similar to Norwegian language, but I don't know how much it differs with Old Norse.

I can speak and write some Swedish, because it's our other mother tongue here in Finland. It's pretty similar to Norwegian language, but I don't know how much it differs with Old Norse.
I had NO IDEA that Finns all spoke Swedish too!
I guess that's like in Canada, lots of us are bilingual English-French. I work in both languages, for example and all my family members are fluently bilingual, but English is our real "mother tongue" and we're partly descended from English settlers long ago.

I may try to find this book too to learn Old Norse. Vikingarnas språk
A book on how to learn Viking, written in... Viking! Hahaha! (Just kidding!) :)
I guess it would be like how I'm learning Old English right now - it's about 70% the same as modern English, but the 30%-ish difference means it takes some serious study for a short while to learn to read it fluently.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom