all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S newbie; 5 days on, 1 day off. Is this too much because I feel overtrained now?!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Performance stress, in a way or a higher HR may suggest a movement dysfunction or instability that the get upperer may not be aware of or too heavy a bell or a combination of or nothing at all.

You may be onto something, there...

I am always zen with the get-ups, too :)

Funny thing about get-ups for me... I've never understood it when people mention the "talk test" relative to get-ups. They just don't make me breath hard, even at 32kg, 30 sec rep duration. I mean, they're hard work, and my HR elevates, but they don't make me breath hard like swings do. But I see that get-ups do affect others differently. I wonder why....

I swing the 16kg easily 2h. Working on introducing 1h swings.

Core weakness and being 60lbs (27kg) overweight is what makes the get ups difficult for me.

Some of the initial advice I received here was to use the 16kg for get ups and just go as far as I could each practice session, even if was only to the elbow or just pressing the bell up while lying on my back.

My thinking was I wanted to train/activate ALL the muscles involved in the getup so I went with a 4.5kg bell and I can now do 5 each side.

I've watched you as well as others do the TGU. When I feel my form is good, I'll move up in weight.

For me, I just felt it was important to do it all the way through, even at a reduced weight.

My issue with the TGU is probably also mobility related.

Envision wearing a 60lb fat suit and some of the issues that might create!

Enter S&S.

I spent 50+ years putting myself in this physical prison.

It won't take me 50+ years to escape, but it will take longer to get to the beginning where many get to start at.

My story may be common, or it may be unique, but it is mine nonetheless.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom