all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S/NW For KB Level 1 Certification

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nate Schweizer

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi Everyone,

Quick question. Has anyone ever done s&s/NW to prep for the snatch test at the Kettlebell level 1 certification? Did it work? I've seen some great plans on the website to get ready for the cert, but I'm cheap/lazy and wondering if I can just keep doing what I'm doing until I get close to the sinister goal, then go get certed.

Thanks!

What I am currently doing being NW with pistols/1 arm pushups/CoC grippers, then S&S twice a week and pullups/handstand press twice a week for about 3x5. Plus an hour or two of salsa/baccada on the weekends.:D;)

Last edited:
My humble 2 cents

nail "simple"

do a cycle of the ROP

you'll have enough to manage the level 1 weekend

Since you seem willing, stay the course and let us know how you do.

There is no doubt that the weekend will be more stressful for you than if you trained with more volume, load and overhead work, but I am curious on what your experience will be. Might make a great article later, unless you're also too lazy to type a report ;]

@Mark Limbaga Thanks for your suggestion! What is ROP?

@aciampa I think I'm willing to stay the course on the program for a bit (especially salsa night;) It would be a bummer to drop all that coin for flight and fee only to arrive there unprepared. It would make for an interesting article though, since I think that's might be a bit lower training volume than what Bret Jones wrote in his article on preparation. That and I think it's closer to what Pavel wrote about in Naked Warrior/Simple & Sinister/Hardstyle Abs

Thanks everyone for your responses!

First: @aciampa changed my life. God blessed me with a spot in the very first Kettlebell Instructor class he held at Keesler AFB. Al's friendship and mentoring led to my learning much more about kettlebell training over two years than I had learned in nine previously. Thanks to Al, my SFG I went very, very smoothly. If Al were to tell me to eat gravel I would ask "fork or spoon?"

I would strongly suggest that you attempt a 5 minute snatch test at least six weeks out from your cert. That will give you a good idea if you are on the right track and if you need to change anything. One of the participants at my SFG had never attempted a snatch test prior to the cert. Needless to say, his went very poorly. He simply walked out, after dropping a lot of money on that cert.

First: @aciampa changed my life. God blessed me with a spot in the very first Kettlebell Instructor class he held at Keesler AFB. Al's friendship and mentoring led to my learning much more about kettlebell training over two years than I had learned in nine previously. Thanks to Al, my SFG I went very, very smoothly. If Al were to tell me to eat gravel I would ask "fork or spoon?"

I would strongly suggest that you attempt a 5 minute snatch test at least six weeks out from your cert. That will give you a good idea if you are on the right track and if you need to change anything. One of the participants at my SFG had never attempted a snatch test prior to the cert. Needless to say, his went very poorly. He simply walked out, after dropping a lot of money on that cert.

You Sir, may use the spoon ;]

Good to hear from you again!

I just might be missing the point here, but a spoon is obviously the correct utensil.

The only point is that whatever @aciampa says is Gospel to me. Al is equal parts scientist, meathead, and philosopher. He is truly one of the most fertile minds I know and an absolutely spot on trainer. Also, things/situations tend to move around Al and end up being as he intends them.

The only point is that whatever @aciampa says is Gospel to me. Al is equal parts scientist, meathead, and philosopher. He is truly one of the most fertile minds I know and an absolutely spot on trainer. Also, things/situations tend to move around Al and end up being as he intends them.

I thank you dearly for your generous praise!

I just might be missing the point here, but a spoon is obviously the correct utensil.

The point, my good man, is to chew your food before you swallow it.

I did S&S for a long time and then for the 6 weeks right before SFG I, I did Brett's SFG Prep program.

@Mark Limbaga Thanks for your suggestion! What is ROP?

@aciampa I think I'm willing to stay the course on the program for a bit (especially salsa night;) It would be a bummer to drop all that coin for flight and fee only to arrive there unprepared. It would make for an interesting article though, since I think that's might be a bit lower training volume than what Bret Jones wrote in his article on preparation. That and I think it's closer to what Pavel wrote about in Naked Warrior/Simple & Sinister/Hardstyle Abs

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Rite Of Passage from enter the kettlebell

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom