all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed S&S + OS Resets?....

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JR47

Level 5 Valued Member
Do you use the OS resets along with S&S?

If so:

How do you combine them, and what is the best 'recipe' you've found?

And what improvements have you seen?

Any and all genuine data points welcome.

I just started using OS resets as a cool down after S&S. I can not say to much about improvements but i think its helping my mobility and i just feel more relaxed after them.

Do you use the OS resets along with S&S?

If so:

How do you combine them, and what is the best 'recipe' you've found?

And what improvements have you seen?

Any and all genuine data points welcome.
I love the combination.

Application-wise, it depends.

I do my S&S stretches in the evening and usually combine them with some neck nods and rolling. Sometimes also rocking. This is like a cool down for the day, before going to bed.

Sometimes I do some rolling, rocking, marching or whatever during the warm-up, if I feel like I need it (especially when my lower back is a bit stiff). Sometimes I do some marching or standing cross-crawls inbetween sets of swings.

I do some OS Resets as part of my S&S cool down in the evening. This usually includes:
Pump stretch (down dog & cobra)
90/90 stretch
QL stretch
Head nods
Cat/Cow
Rocks
Rolls
Brettzel
Standing Side Stretch
Shoulder dislocates

Great combo. Thoughts:

1. Experiment for yourself and see what feels good. You’ll figure out what your body likes. Be willing to change it up too; sometimes what you need changes over periods of time.
2. I tend to do general training more towards early afternoon/evening. OS is a nice way to get the joints warmed up and the body wrung out at the start of the day.
3. If you’d like to hit the crawling a bit more, add it after your main S+S session and before the cool down stretches.
4. I tend to stretch and foam rolling before bed.

Great combo. Thoughts:

1. Experiment for yourself and see what feels good. You’ll figure out what your body likes. Be willing to change it up too; sometimes what you need changes over periods of time.
2. I tend to do general training more towards early afternoon/evening. OS is a nice way to get the joints warmed up and the body wrung out at the start of the day.
3. If you’d like to hit the crawling a bit more, add it after your main S+S session and before the cool down stretches.
4. I tend to stretch and foam rolling before bed.
Thanks for this. Really appreciate the time and effort you put in to this reply. Super helpful.

When I was doing S&S, I used the 5 OS Resets as a cool down. It was a great way to finish the session.

I prefer the OS resets before and during my training (btw sets) for my cool down I stretch some and walk

Just focus on the big 5 movements

btw, I forgot to mention Dead Bugs. They are a great addition to the S&S warmup: I usually do 3-5 per side after the bridges.

Which resets between which sets?
Depends on the movement... if I'm doing ballistics like swings or snatches usually do some rocking and neck nods

If it's presses then usually neck nods and rolling

Squats it's rocking and some shin box work

Get the OS performance book, they have breakdowns of btw sets based on movement patterns!

Depends on the movement... if I'm doing ballistics like swings or snatches usually do some rocking and neck nods

If it's presses then usually neck nods and rolling

Squats it's rocking and some shin box work

Get the OS performance book, they have breakdowns of btw sets based on movement patterns!
Thanks for this. Will do.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom