all posts post new thread

Old Forum S&S plus naked warrior

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

johneast

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing S&S 5 days a week. 8 of my Getups are with a 32Kg and the other two are with a 24Kg. I'm using the 24 for six of my swing sets and the other four are done with the 32. I'm really happy with it.

In three weeks time I'm travelling to Canada (Burlington, ON to be specific in case anyone knows of good places to train) for seven weeks with work (I live in the UK), so I'm trying to plan how to train during that time as I don't want to lose any of my strength gains. My current thinking is that I'll go down the Naked Warrior route so I've started to GTG with pistols over the past two days in preparation. I'm not very good at pistols. I can just about get down to parallel before toppling backwards, especially on my right leg which REALLY wants to turn in as I go down. I haven't started the OAP yet as I've got an ache in my left elbow and wanted to give that a few days to clear up before starting, but also I'm wondering about overtraining my shoulders if I'm doing Getups and OAPs (to a bench as I can't do a full one yet).

So I have a couple of questions. My first is: Has anyone got any experience with mixing S&S with Naked Warrior? How compatible are they when done together?

My other question is to do with the pistol (which is a bit of an ambition of mine).  With one leg that wants to turn in more than the other, is it just a case of practice practice practice (which is the impression I get having just reread the book) or are there any helpful drills out there that people have used. I realise everyone's issues are all slightly different and a discussion on the internet can't replace meeting with a good instructor, but a good discussion might at least point me in the right direction while I don't have access to gyms/trainers.

Thanks in advance

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom