all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jorg79

Level 3 Valued Member
I wonder if you guys can help me in understanding a couple of aspects of S&S.

1-) During practice for the timeless simple, I came to think that the haloes represented more than just a mobility drill. I thought that their role in the training session were more similar to the role played by goblet squats than to the one played by the hip bridges. Now, once timeless is achieved, Pavel mentions that the squats should be kept, but one can ditch the haloes (been reading the revised version), which is suggestive that they have different importance. What have you guys done at this stage? I mean, my shoulders are mobile, but circling a 32kg kb around my head is very challenging to me. Maybe such challenge is not the point of doing the haloes...

2-) Have you guys kept the biceps curl when doing the squats as you progressed above 32kg?

3-) In Q&D, Pavel compares the effects of running the program in the morning (i.e. after the sleep fast) and in the afternoon. Since the S&S has a strength component (TGU), I wonder if it's as suitable to practice it on an empty stomach as the Q&D.

Thanks

32kg halos seem like they would do the opposite of their intent.

I have shoulder issues. I have had injuries in both several times. I do combat sports. I do halos before every workout no matter what. They are a low impact way for me to warm up and loosen up my shoulders. I use around 25-30 lb kettlebells for them.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom