all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S+S Rotator cuff work around question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello,

I have some sort of rotator cuff tendinitis going on. I think I got it from too much pressing. It’s getting to the point where I don’t feel comfortable doing Turkish get ups and 1-handed swings. I want to create a program similar to simple and sinister, But one that avoids painful positions, and work it for a month or so to see if my tendinitis goes away.

basically, I can’t do anything overhead or push-up related. Two handed swings are fine, farmers carries are fine, goblet squats seem fine. I was thinking something like 100 2- handed swings in the S+S protocol, followed by goblet squats and farmers walks. I have all kinds of kettlebells and a weighted vest to supplement carries and goblet squats (I can’t really hold two bells in the rack position, and I’m not sure how heavy I can go with the GS).

has anyone ever done something similar, to maintain S&S strength, but without an overhead exercise or a push? Do you think my program would work well? Any suggestions for something to do instead of a TGU, other than what I have? Thanks!

Last edited:
basically, I can’t do anything overhead or push-up related. Two handed swings are fine, farmers carries are fine, goblet squats seem fine. I was thinking something like 100 2- handed swings in the S+S protocol, followed by goblet squats and farmers walks. I have all kinds of kettlebells and a weighted vest to supplement carries and goblet squats (I can’t really hold two bells in the rack position, and I’m not sure how heavy I can go with the GS).
You answered your question with this paragraph. If you want to be extra cautious, cut the volume in half and treat it like Easy Strength where there is absolutely zero fatigue.

Hello,

I have some sort of rotator cuff tendinitis going on. I think I got it from too much pressing. It’s getting to the point where I don’t feel comfortable doing Turkish get ups and 1-handed swings. I want to create a program similar to simple and sinister, But one that avoids painful positions, and work it for a month or so to see if my tendinitis goes away.

has anyone ever done something similar, to maintain S&S strength, but without an overhead exercise or a push? Do you think my program would work well? Any suggestions for something to do instead of a TGU, other than what I have? Thanks!
Well first off... you should get diagnosed by a doctor who specializes in orthopedic issues.
Then you should consider what recommendations they give you regarding restrictions and / or treatment.

That being said... when I was negotiating a labrum and tendon impingement issue I had great success doing Tactical Get-ups. (Along with all of the physiotherapy I was prescribed)

Well first off... you should get diagnosed by a doctor who specializes in orthopedic issues.
Then you should consider what recommendations they give you regarding restrictions and / or treatment.

That being said... when I was negotiating a labrum and tendon impingement issue I had great success doing Tactical Get-ups. (Along with all of the physiotherapy I was prescribed)

I might try the tactical get up.

The only thing I can offer is to do all of your pushing exercises in the neutral grip position. It will take the pressure off of your shoulders.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom